Players who wait till the last moment to bet

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it annoying to you when players always wait till the last second to bet? Well I found success in waiting to bet or even check till the last second. I belive there to be a stratagy in always betting like that. What are your thoughts

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like you have it all figured out. Guess it's not as annoying as you made it out to be.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind when people take their time to bet or call, you should always do what's best for your game. But I have to say, it is really annoying when people do that every single hand just to fold preflop.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it annoying to you when players always wait till the last second to bet? Well I found success in waiting to bet or even check till the last second. I belive there to be a stratagy in always betting like that. What are your thoughts
I did not quite understand what you mean by success are you win when you do it ?

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes do it when approaching the bubble when I have a little banqueroll hoping that the other table out the bubble

D

Donny bennight

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes you have to wait to the last second just to survive, so you can make it in the money..

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well most of the people are doing it before the bubble or a ladder in the tournaments, waiting for people to but and have a guaranteed higher payout ,
Or, I think trying to show your opponent your hand its not actually good when you call before river and thus encourage them to bet or try to bluff you when you actually hold nuts or have a very strong hand .
Or, simply to calculate and try to figure every possible play the other player might have or to hide your hand from him as opposite to when you snap a call and give out tells , hope this helps .

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Maybe your opponent plays a lot of tables at the same time and he just does not have time to press the buttons. Or at another table a serious situation, over which he needs to think longer.

dcmaclout

dcmaclout

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very annoying that they play like this but if they have pocket aces it has happened a couple of times and it seems to me of the last

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
There's gonna be that kind of players always you play, so start to love them course they are easy to read, they always play with good cards. Hunt them!

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no annoys me, same time is allotted for him:)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it doesn't matter if the player does it because of a bubble or because he plays many tables or for some other reason, I think that this is his right granted to him by the poker room !!!

S

SlowRollAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases it is allowing others to see more hands and you have less chance of doing well in a tourney. I understand close to a bubble, though I prefer to play faster regardless.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find I'm having much better results when taking sufficient time before acting. Thinking my bet & strategy through twice.
Apart from (hopefully) making less mistakes, also others seem more likely to fold at later stages.

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really pay attention, it's 15-20 sec, nothing changes in my play.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with the message
RocwX, I understand when people think to make a serious bet or not, but when to do it with each hand and throw it off, it makes me tremble a lot!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is legal and no more than 30 seconds per person so it is not so annoying. Maybe if everybody is doing this constantly it would be a problem but for now i do not find it so bad. Such slowing down of the game as already mentioned is understandable near the bubble if you are short stack or if you play too many tables. I personally try to react in the first few seconds and i think that majority of the players understand that fast play gives you chance to play more hands which is good for your game.

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a hyper turbo game, you blinds are going up while the player is taking time to make a descision. So this could be a strategy to put pressure on short stack players.

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only way i wait to bet if i have the complete nuts

bijan777

bijan777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wjen some one take time to decide wat to do in the most of the time they have strong hand of corse if not pro
Pro always play with same patern

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bubble argument is there, but in cash games it is a helpful way to avoid giving away tells. I have noticed some people checking fast when first to act and opponents are exploiting that as weakness and they follow it with a quick fold. Or when the open raiser does a c-bet, gets a call and then takes a long time to check back. It is these little things that do not go unnoticed and taking the same amount of time to do a move would certainly keep their opponents on their toes.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my experience this usually happens in two cases. Either that's regs who multitable and therefore they just can't play fast, especially, if they are facing postflop decisions. Or It's some kind of satellite, especially any Big fish ones on 888 poker, once there are around 50 players to go, everyone start to take their time to the very last second. And I do it as well, you will be just hurting your chances to qualify if you are not acting like the rest of the field does (unless you have a huge stack).

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Yes, I agree with you, sometimes it annoys.
But I also have such delays. Usually, when I play 5-7 tables at a time, I physically do not have time to make bets, so I treat such delays with understanding.
Good luck.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These players are trying to reach the prize zone. That's strategy. Whether you like it or not.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I love it. It clearly shows your hand.