Players and their countries

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it’s not much of a surprise, but from my experience I see Brazilian and Russian players being quite aggressive and bluffing more

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remembered the good times. Previously, even before Black Friday, when online poker lived in a large family and was not divided into reservations, weak players were considered: French, Italians, players from Asia and vice versa, players from northern countries, for example, Scandinavian ones, were strong. It was fun when there were many Americans and Canadians. Now the times have changed and there is no such strong division by country.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a fun one. Don't get offended, it's just a joke. Back before pokerstars were forced to split players onto different sites due to legislation, lots of spanish etc used to play on stars. Back when I was bad, I used to hate playing Spanish. They were always "Q9o" fish.

But for fun, here is my list of countries and players

Brazil = Huge fish.
Latin America = Huge fish too. Spend too much time outside than crafting their game
USA= Mostly Huge fish too. For every pro, there are so many "I'm the sheriff in these hereeeee parts, and you won't be bluffing me today sunny jim"
Canada= HUGE fish. As bad as USA, altho I haven't played with Americans for ages since black Friday.
Thailand= Good reg. Clearly makes profit enough to fly out to Thailand to continue poker career.
China= Crazy fish, bluff loads and never fold.
Japan= Crazy fish, bluff EVEN more and never fold.
United Kingdom = Pre-corona = good. Post-Corona = Huge fish. They're all 1/2nl live "regs" who are break even/bad players live and get crushed online. Their local homegame turns out to be much easier than online and can't believe how "rigged" online is.
Austria= Aggressive, but some good players.
Denmark/Norway/Sweden/Finland = Each country gets more and more aggressive. Fins are the most crazy aggro ever. Maniac levels of bluff from them. Also balance with good players too. Players rated from "super aggro" right up to "LEEEEROYYY JENKINSS"
Spain= Huge fish like Latin America, just in Europe.
Belarus= Even their "fish" are crushing the game.
Russia= Surprisingly nitty. Do pull some crazy bluffs, but mostly they are not huge donators. They're small winning players/nits at 25nl and under.
Germany= Mix of good and bad, quite aggressive.
Eastern Europe = Mix of good and bad, mostly small winners. Can't afford to gamble like crazy idiots like some of the richer western countries.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is a fun one. Don't get offended, it's just a joke. Back before Pokerstars were forced to split players onto different sites due to legislation, lots of spanish etc used to play on stars. Back when I was bad, I used to hate playing Spanish. They were always "Q9o" fish.

Brazil = Huge fish.
Latin America = Huge fish too. Spend too much time outside than crafting their game
USA= Mostly Huge fish too. For every pro, there are so many "I'm the sheriff in these hereeeee parts, and you won't be bluffing me today sunny jim"
Canada= HUGE fish. As bad as USA, altho I haven't played with Americans for ages since black Friday.
Thailand= Good reg. Clearly makes profit enough to fly out to Thailand to continue poker career.
United Kingdom = Pre-corona = good. Post-Corona = Huge fish. They're all 1/2nl live "regs" who are break even/bad players live and get crushed online. Their local homegame turns out to be much easier than online and can't believe how "rigged" online is.
Denmark/Norway/Sweden/Finland = Each country gets more and more aggressive. Fins are the most crazy aggro ever. Maniac levels of bluff from them. Also balance with good players too. Players rated from "super aggro" right up to "LEEEEROYYY JENKINSS"
Russia= Surprisingly nitty. Do pull some crazy bluffs, but mostly they are not huge donators. They're small winning players/nits at 25nl and under.
Eastern Europe = Mix of good and bad, mostly small winners. Can't afford to gamble like crazy idiots like some of the richer western countries.

Normally I do not like these breakdowns but have to admit I really enjoyed yours because it is so broad - many get the shellacking they deserve...

"I'm the sheriff in these hereeeee parts, and you won't be bluffing me today sunny jim"

Spot on.

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't even think about such statistics. If you remove the hints from the poker room, I would not have identified the country of the player.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally I do not like these breakdowns but have to admit I really enjoyed yours because it is so broad - many get the shellacking they deserve...

"I'm the sheriff in these hereeeee parts, and you won't be bluffing me today sunny jim"

Spot on.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I tried to make mine as accurate as possible first, and funny second. Humour only where it's actually true.

Glad you liked it.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Which country do you hate the most from? or have you noticed that many players from one country play more aggressively than others
Russian donkeys the ones that get passwords from sharing sites ..

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This is a fun one. Don't get offended, it's just a joke. Back before Pokerstars were forced to split players onto different sites due to legislation, lots of spanish etc used to play on stars. Back when I was bad, I used to hate playing Spanish. They were always "Q9o" fish.

Brazil = Huge fish.
Wow, thanks for taking time for a such breakdown. This was very insightful and partially funny.

I

IAO31

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it’s not much of a surprise, but from my experience I see Brazilian and Russian players being quite aggressive and bluffing more

I was going to comment the same. I play cash games and whenever I find Russians or Brazilians they are
aggressive and bluffing.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me there are no differences in the player’s affiliation to any country. For me, all players play the same way.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Brazil = Huge fish.

I really enjoy reading this,and your replay put smile on my face.
I agree with you,but i can't say Canadian are really good players,and usually Canadians show me exit door on tables :)

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the post :)

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello my table friend,
Creating a stereotype by country I think is wrong, I'm Brazilian and I've been through racism, being cursed, I could hate this country for that, but not generalize a nation for an individual.
I would even like to register that I copied the screen and sent my complaint about this racism, with curses to PokerStars support, including asking for the exclusion of the player, unfortunately PokerStars has not responded to me so far (more than a month).
So, I don't hate any country, and I'm sure that each player is an individual, to be aggressive or more moderate, it doesn't depend on the country but on each one.

Good luck!!

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just disable chat. "muh racism" just distracts from the game imo.

Good luck at the tables poker friend :)

I actually got donk bet shoved on the flop by someone yesterday, and their nationality came into my decision to call. I had KK on a 7 high flop and the player had just sat down, and I had 0 stats on him. The line was funny, and well, it was crazy. I called. He had 88.

It's useful sometimes.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Hello my table friend,
Creating a stereotype by country I think is wrong, I'm Brazilian and I've been through racism, being cursed, I could hate this country for that, but not generalize a nation for an individual.
I would even like to register that I copied the screen and sent my complaint about this racism, with curses to PokerStars support, including asking for the exclusion of the player, unfortunately PokerStars has not responded to me so far (more than a month).
So, I don't hate any country, and I'm sure that each player is an individual, to be aggressive or more moderate, it doesn't depend on the country but on each one.

Good luck!!

I think you are too harsh. How a joke post (author clearly indicates 'its for fun, no offence') about playing poker can be considered as racism? Especially, when most countries are fish/huge fish/crazy fish. Accusing others of racism for such reason in my opinion is really too far and hard to take as serious one.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first I thought he was talking to me, but actually he mentioned that it's been a month or more. I think he's talking about racism he experienced at the table from someone on pokerstars.

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I believe that the country doesn't make the player.​
it's a biased question​

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
At first I thought he was talking to me, but actually he mentioned that it's been a month or more. I think he's talking about racism he experienced at the table from someone on pokerstars.

Yeah, seems so. You didnt curse him, so it can't be about you. But anyway, he was referring to your joke and concerned about rasism - I wouldn't connect those two things (rude guy on pokerstars cursing and a joke about nationals, where almost everybody is one or other kind of a fish ;)).

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, seems so. You didnt curse him, so it can't be about you. But anyway, he was referring to your joke and concerned about rasism - I wouldn't connect those two things (rude guy on pokerstars cursing and a joke about nationals, where almost everybody is one or other kind of a fish ;)).

O yeah I totally agree. People always looking to "muh racism" these days.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pais odiado

Hi, I don't hate any country. Only the players from countries like Russia that don't play poker play the lottery and go all in with 4-2 6-3 7-2 off and I pay with AA- KK QQ and I lose that if I hate it but only for losing like this

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actualy if i ve to hate some nactionaly. it will be all the one. Then I prefer dont hate nothing

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
brazil players are more dangerous for me , followed by Russians . I believe the players from these two caountries are more aggressive or better players statistically , than players from other countries , it's my image of online poker :) Ofcourse , everyday , you can see players from most unknoewn or insignificant countries , be very strong and do to you very big damage , but statistically I would say first Brazilian then Russians :)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game always has a player every time going all in. it's sad that he often gets lucky at PokerStars:motz: Sorry for my English, it's translater:)