Play -Discipline

E

Edgarallenpoor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was gauging opinion on what views are in Web tournaments of folding all hands after you reach Top 5 - vs field of 40 players - 60 players remaining out of 200 start to not engage in All in fights and maintain chips until final table - all be it with a slightly lower stack but better cash out - I seem to lack discipline to not go in with KK or QQ in that scenario- and lose out to two pairs on a slot play by lower stack

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stack size matters

I was gauging opinion on what views are in Web tournaments of folding all hands after you reach Top 5 - vs field of 40 players - 60 players remaining out of 200 start to not engage in All in fights and maintain chips until final table - all be it with a slightly lower stack but better cash out - I seem to lack discipline to not go in with KK or QQ in that scenario- and lose out to two pairs on a slot play by lower stack

Thank U 4 Posting

If you are going to play for final tables and not first place than you can try to not get all-in with the KK QQ preflop or on ugly connected boards post flop. You could then compensate by also playing nut maker hands the same way. It is very hard to not call with KK vs one loose villain preflop.

Hope this helps

:):)

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the right play is to go all in with KK or QQ. You Gotta play the numbers. Play The Numbers. More Consistent Play will wield results. Good Luck At The Tables.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

How about AA? If you worry about losing to a two pair, you should fold AA as well...

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would try not engage an all-in confrontations pre-flop, personally. If possible, I would try to encourage seeing a flop, maybe with no more than a three bet. It all depends though. Like how weak the stack of the opponent is, my position relative to theirs, and so on. Nothing is really set in stone. You just gotta take each hand on a case by case basis, and factor all the things! :)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Playing scared just to mini cash is not the way to go, nothing wrong with playing tight, but passing up premium hands because you might lose is very ev-. You are not going to become a better player by folding every hand.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I kind of agree with what Kenzie said above...don't play scared. Bad idea. After all, your big pair will often be a huge favourite and look what that will do for your stack !!!