Chips
playing as the nit is bad or good or depends on the circumstances

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No it all depends on how you feel about the game. It can give you a purpose in life, or it can ruin everything in your life. Choose as always only you.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
playing as the nit is bad or good or depends on the circumstances

Playing tight is Ok, depending on the structure of the game you are in. But you must play the hands you choose aggressively.
But I think being nit is a bit over. You will be very predictable, and will not get good results at all.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a game of nits, depends what type of nit you have in mind.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing tight is Ok, depending on the structure of the game you are in. But you must play the hands you choose aggressively.
But I think being nit is a bit over. You will be very predictable, and will not get good results at all.

you are right before the cards are dealt it is better to play aggressive

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surely this is bad. If it was good, then probably everyone played like that. Such a game can only be for a short time, and then not always replenish your stack. This usually leads to the loss of chips.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I am convinced that you need to play so that you always enjoy the game. Poker is a great hobby that can also bring you profit. It all depends on you, no matter the circumstances.
Good luck.

A

AllinTheGameY0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NITs are too predictable. but if they get the cards, they will do well.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight is one thing and a NIT is another.

I think a tight player probably averages a 15%-25% voluntarily entering pots. A NIT probably only plays the top 5%-10%. A loose player probably averages 25%-35%. (My opinion only.)

Aggression is about what you do when you enter a pot. Being passive makes it real tough to get value on your good hands. Being aggressive allows you to make the most of your good hands and allows you win some hands you may not deserve.

It is possible to win playing any combination of these styles, but you need to understand each styles weakness and strength, and more importantly, when each style is best used.

It is clear however that waiting for QQ, KK or AA to play a hand is not a good recipe. You will have to wait an average of 70 hands to see one of these, and when you do see it, it is not a guaranteed winner anyway. If I were playing you and you didn't play a hand in 70 hands and then you suddenly bet, I would probably fold and let you win the blinds. You have paid the blinds 7 times, and won them back once. Pretty tough to get ahead with this formula.

Good luck and God bless

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem I see with playing like a nit is that it may be a while between nit-worthy hands. It won't take anyone paying attention too long to figure out that you are a nit. So when you do get a worthy hand, chances are that you won't get any action. So in the long run...

Wait, wait a minute, hold on...

We are talking about online poker, right? So chances are slim that anybody is paying attention. So if you don't mind being blinded down while you're waiting for that monster hand, go ahead. It might actually work out for you.

M

mrpig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play tight. But if I lose a lot I start playing aggressively

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing as a nit you need to use your table imagine against opp that are smart enough to understand you are a nit.

This allows you to resteal every so often and people will have to respect your 3bet because you are playing 7 vp.

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing tight is better, playing as a nit you will blind out, and as others said by the time you get good cards you might not get any action.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
over time you adapt to combine your game, we all start in a certain way and on the way it changes, the ideal is to always have solid bases and adapt

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without aggression (reasonable of course) you can't see big victories :)

rustixxx

rustixxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no such thing as nits in poker. and how can you even play it like nits? I can not understand. because you sit online and play with intuition or logic.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it's bad to play as a nit. It's too predictable.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the tournament in which I play is interesting to me, I play it carefully.if the tournament is not interesting I play aggressively.it depends on the tournament, stage, money and mood)

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nitty play is losing play. The difference between a nit and a lag is that not are overly focused on hand strength and legs arent focused enough, both styles are exploitable. The nit loses value by giving away the strength of there hand and passing on otherwise profitable opportunities. The Lag loses by weakening the calling ranges of observant opponents.

The truth is that hand strength is only a small part of a winning strategy. Being overly focused on hand strength ignores other conditions such as position, stack size, opponent tendencies, image, fold equity etc. When your down to 10bb's 78s on the button is a great shoving hand, utg not so much. Sure AQs of JJ would be great but it wont happen often enough to be useful.

Being mindful of opportunities is far more profitable that being aware of hand strength.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"depends on the circumstances" I think.
At the final stage of the tournament most players start to play nitty, just because it brings more money.
But such style is fruitless at the beginning.
In cash games - depends on the table, sometimes there are all players are too tight, sometimes 1 or 2 like bluffing...

But ability to play as a nit - it's a good, positive ability)))

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the nit is not good.
Maybe in the 70s would be okay.

But now you have to play, not wait.
After all you play the opponents and not your cards.

So if you are affraid to play, you shouldn't be playing in the first place.

Maybe nit style works if you play DoNs in an insane volume and have a good rakeback deal.
Maybe.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes i like to play one mtt super nitty and another super loosey amd try and study what the differences in outcome are. i would recommend you try the same and see how it plays out.