Pissed a few guys off last night by calling a misdeal

K

klickitat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I called a misdeal last night when a novice sat down to our Friday night tourney and was across from me. On his deal he was flashing the cards and I could see every card he dealt. I called a misdeal and told him what he was doing. However instead of the rest of the table be appreciative of it, I got several dirty looks and a little murmuring under the breath.

I just could not play with that kind of advantage and feel like at least one of the guys that was upset had also seen it and wanted that advantage. I know that poker is all about finding advantages, but I can not in good conscious play like that.

Would you have called the misdeal? Do I just keep my mouth shut and use it for myself or did I do right by playing as a gentleman?

I feel bad when we get someone who should not be at the table too. We have one guy who sits at our table who is so bad that all I have ever seen is him donate and out before first break. Sometimes I just feel like I am stealing from him. I know he is voluntarily sitting down, but it feels wrong knowing that he has absolutely no chance at winning anything ever.

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is why you should always have a experienced dealer dealing who does not play- this is obviously a home game

it is written in every rule book that every player has the responsibility to point out ANY and ALL errors made by the dealer and other players....at a card room this may not be a misdeal, but if it happened more than once the dealer would be replaced and probably fired

and never care about what other players think

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, if I'm playing with friends, I'd do the same thing, but with strangers? Hell no, as most of them would take advantage of it as well.

K

kevinmarkus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mistakenly thought this was a post about mistakenly calling a bet and pissing someone off because you hit a low chance card. I did that earlier and it was amazing. I had QJ suited, the field pre river was 10,10,9,9 and he was betting semi-hard the whole way through. I figured I might as well call his bets and see a card or two. I ended up catching my king to give me my straight and he paired up his AK hand. He never would have imagined I had a straight draw while I was calling so he called my all in. He raged for like 10 minutes straight. It was awesome. ;)