Physical and Mental state when playing poker

JBGambler

JBGambler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As much as to play online, as for the games in live tables, the mental and physical state is very important, I discovered it and that influences a lot in your game in your decision-making, I have known how to get away fast more than anything by fatigue, by external stress. That influences too much in the game. Does it influence you?

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, the physical and mental state affects the game. You cannot play in an agitated or sick condition. You must be in a neutral state and, of course, prepare for a long game if you want to be at the final table.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course.

When I do a hard ride in my bike, I get tired and play so bad, when I get that tired I don't play because I know I will lose.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of things affect the quality of the games. But the physical and psychological state of the most important.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play freerolls in any condition. Unless of course a terrible headache. At responsible tournaments is another matter. I not only select the time of the game, but take into account my attitude to the game.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, of course, my physical and emotional state has a very strong influence on my game. For example, if I have a bad mood, I am not starting to play because it usually leads to losses. I am convinced that the game has to bring me pleasure, so I always start playing just in a good mood.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is strongly influenced by a mental state when you lose it is heavy to make the right decisions.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hi, I think that the mental state weighs more than the physical one because it affects the time to make the best decisions

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fatigue, poor poker status is one of the main negative factors.
if I am not in the spirit, I often lose and there are no results and success.
but even in this state it still pulls to play

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello, this is the physical and mental state is most important to achieve good results, so it is better to play as calm as possible, if you are stressed should not be playing, drinking water and no alcohol, cigarette also some fruit to calm anxiety and drink water throughout the game, I hope you serve this advice friend.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a mental game if you are stressed or fatigued with your head is a knot is obvious that there is no surrender at the table it is best to get away a little and vvver cando estes at a better time:dancing2:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the basis for a successful game is a balanced psycho-emotional state of the player. Emotions always hinder making the right decisions. Therefore, I try to avoid negative emotions and always try to be focused on the game.

V

Viktor Krysko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Так, це дуже впливає на гру у покер, тут треба бути спокійним і витривалим

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you being tired results in poor play for me

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubts about it! To make decisions is not easy! Everything that influences on it, can lead you to a loss.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play a 12-20 hour long grind, take a nap, and do it again, but after a few days I find that getting some good exercise and a real long sleep mixed in, are required to keep my game sharp.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hi, poker is fun to play but it's tough to be a really good player and win consistently for a long period of time. In order to be a successful player you'll have to put a lot of effort in studying the game(that's not just a one time deal and you'll have to always look to improve and not just by playing...).
Also, knowing poker mathematics, having good bankroll management and being good at managing your emotion isn't enough anymore and you'll have to be careful with your schedule too, it's important to keep in mind that with a healthy body and mind your results will be better too!

GL all at the tables :)

JBGambler

JBGambler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it influences too much. The professionals up to rigorous diet and routines follow. Of course it is a profession for them Poker
Yes, the physical and mental state affects the game. You cannot play in an agitated or sick condition. You must be in a neutral state and, of course, prepare for a long game if you want to be at the final table.

LavaStorm

LavaStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As much as to play online, as for the games in live tables, the mental and physical state is very important, I discovered it and that influences a lot in your game in your decision-making, I have known how to get away fast more than anything by fatigue, by external stress. That influences too much in the game. Does it influence you?
Before starting a tournament you must be prepatred for what is coming. You should be prepared for long run, it could last for more than 4 hours so you should be also physicaly prepared so your body does not colupse under presure ;)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Like any sport - one needs to be in top physical and mental condition with no distractions.

Good luck !

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
note to self: remember to quit while youre ahead. :)