Phill Doesn't have any heart!?a lil history on

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you think about the ending to learning poker its gto/exploitative and gto doesnt rely any of your own stats....to a fault.
Phills rise also just happend to coincide with the overall strictly mathematical view of poker boom that was too knitty. The tightness gave away more equity for free than it could gain. but promised to be the pro strategy.
They didnt air Phill Hellmuth on TV bluffing the guy 3 times HARD with nothing before he takes a stand with q9 and busts only the chips Phill took from him previously .Hellmuth made Hundreds of bluffs in each wsop. If you didnt give him cards he still woulda been on the final table.
Poker has alot to do with table composition, if there is anything you can do to influence it to your advantage, you better. People would fold to him just so he wouldnt call them a fkin idiot on national tv(thnx Doyle brunson/Brian forester).

Imagine getting AA every single hand of the WSOP. Due to variance you'd still bust. He has more than a bakers dozen bracelets and won the main event back to back. like why didn't they call the fraud committee? what R the odds on that statistically?
But hidden deep within his limit holdem book were the cornerstones of GTO theory in disguise.
Phill Hellmuth put his balls on that WSOP chopping block and said I'm all in on a read holding air More than anyone will ever admit including himself. In a way winning that way to me has much more merit. Tony G can talk all the shit he wants.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIJ-wWimUZw PHILL HELLMUTH HAS THE GREATEST HEART! Who else would call your all in with aq and you lied about the AK. he lost ,you won it was funny but you didn't give him credit for calling, when most the time its a lie and he shoulda known it, so the call was sportsmanship in a way, showing heart. And he didnt even blow up at you that day.And look how great Phill looks while eating a whopper!
back in the day The whole world was watching and wanting to learn to play like phill and they would get books by many others filled with the strategy that was blatantly garbage easily exploitable and revealing your hand strength by doing repeating functions of a variable. laughable
just shows how exploitative and GTO Did crush those archaic strategy guides and the possible conspiracy to skin the fish. Daniel said he was a true vegan, but he only gave us small ball lite version no updates and little upgrades. And it was still good but not comparable to what we have now, and yet i still see people stuck right on the verge of being able to do what hellmuth did. I don't even think Phill could do it anymore. That level of Heart for years.. let the man rest a legend and go read a 30 year old book to learn the newest game crushing concepts without any use of the words balance yourself GTO or exploitative. smallball wasnt a thing. Your balance is only dictated by whos head you wanna crush and which way they gonna try to move from my claws . Phill and Sam favhra had it right from the start POKER IS ALL ABOUT THE BLUFF
watch

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations for the topics, this is very interesting.
Thx