Phil Hellmuth - fish of fish?

V

Valterus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth is one of the most exciting players in poker history. He knows how to make plays even from their losses. For TV history they had accumulated a lot. The 5 most epic one of them.

No idea what he expected? On a bluff? Fish?:)

A

avderevo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bunch of bracelets at the world series shows that he is still a very good player, but he has problems with psychology)

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahah unreal fun with this guy, im kinda the same like him

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with Hellmuth, IMO, is that poker has changed a lot since he owned the 90s poker world, and I think he is unwilling to adjust. He so ****y he thinks if you don't play his game, your a terrible player. The skillcap is WAY higher than when he won the main event in '89

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be on the scene, and be as relevant as he is today he's a true professional. Not a fish at all, he's a true shark.

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great at tournaments, but an absolute disaster at cash games (I miss watching Hellmuth being berated by Tony G on older televised cash games).

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know Jhoni chan?? phill beat that guy.. both is legend.. top list

V

Valterus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know Jhoni chan?? phill beat that guy.. both is legend.. top list
Nope.

About the fish of course was a joke.
Still not clear on what he expected from his hands. And the reaction sometimes even inadequate. If bluffing All-in then be ready to lose.

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome player, someone says that he played bad, but his achievements in poker say otherwise. Video with his participation is always show.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally for me it's a player with a capital letter! A real man! Even his nickname POKER BROTHER!

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand with the german guy is not what happen everyday with hellmuth. How do you thing Hellmuth open hand in a week of tourmey?? Big big big and when he lost is because a little player with 10-4 s call a big raise not in position. Hellmuth cannot imagine these guy calling here with this type of hand because Hellmuth know the game. He know the % of luck with is hand. He lost the most of the time with a rookie player who thing he have the nuts before open the flop. lolll but sincerly I love the way hellmuth play poker. I dont read is book yet but this is my resolution for the years.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he always have somethin to comment play juste your game and let others to play.....

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
someone think that he is great and someone that he is bad, although his 14 bracelets stands with some problems with behavior

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great poker player,but with the shattered psyche...

V

Valterus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone think that he is great and someone that he is bad, although his 14 bracelets stands with some problems with behavior
My question is more to his impulsive behavior.

kenzohim

kenzohim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I will say fish .alrdy play many years but still easy on tilt ! How come a pro played 30 years+ doing this...

kenzohim

kenzohim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
( He call raise with KJ )when talk about Phil I just remember that in my mind! Always cry too ....don't know y he always doing ugly in TV ...I never see kidpoker or Ivey cry like him ....

I

imnotthatdrunk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FEEESH!

Everybody is rooting for guys like Hellmuth to lose. Usually not a gracious winner, and a crybaby when he loses. People watch wsop just to see him get knocked out. That's how I felt about Kassouf last year.

Tinfoilchef

Tinfoilchef

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say Phil's every bit as good as he claims to be, 100 cashes at WSOP events, 49 final tables and 14 bracelets attest to that.

As for his act, I think it's mostly just that, an act. He's got a bit of showman in him evidenced by some of his grander entrances to the Main Event (Remember Emperor Hemuthicus? That was epic!) I also think that a lot of what's going on at the tables is part of the act, intended to put people off their game.

And yeah, he loves getting camera time.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His problem is his result oriented and sphere psychology

0_5v

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like his play, it is all for TV nothing more or less.

The thing is this, You know his name, you know he writes books about poker, you know he wins bracelets, he WINS.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
phil is hugely overrated in todays game. he has not won anything meaningful in 15 years