Phil Hellmuth

steve101651

steve101651

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see this guy take his beats so hard, and it seems like his rivals have a good read on him... What is your opinion of Phil Helmuth, his game, and his table image?

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a recent interview with Doug Polk he provided a bit of insight, he said that he takes his bad beats so hard because of the lack of volume that he is able to play. Many online players don't take beats so badly because they can play 1k hands an hour, but if you can only play 25 or you are in 1 of 7 tourneys you'll be able to play in a year it's much harder.

Phil is a stand-up guy, he is entertaining and while not humble about his abilities or accomplishments, he doesn't claim to be or act like he is a better person than anyone else.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A-hole who happens to be one of the finest poker players of all time.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think his image is just fine.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a recent interview with Doug Polk he provided a bit of insight, he said that he takes his bad beats so hard because of the lack of volume that he is able to play. Many online players don't take beats so badly because they can play 1k hands an hour, but if you can only play 25 or you are in 1 of 7 tourneys you'll be able to play in a year it's much harder.

Phil is a stand-up guy, he is entertaining and while not humble about his abilities or accomplishments, he doesn't claim to be or act like he is a better person than anyone else.

I don't Phil Helmuth takes beats so badly because of lack of volume, this point is absurd he has been playing poker at i high level since his early 20's; winning the wsop Main Event when he was 24. I think he takes beats badly because of his need to win and his love of the game so when he loses it just comes out that way.

Amanda2Songs

Amanda2Songs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Kingdom Helmuth 🤗🎻world class player, he has been fun to watch. Quality showmanship, emotional at times.

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is a very delightful person. Great personality and funny overall.

torres_iie4opa

torres_iie4opa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahah,top agressive player,when him "BULDOZERED" :D

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He gets plenty upset sometimes, how much is for TV ?

Like the guy or not he must be doing something right, you don't gather that many Bracelets on luck.

zytar

zytar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big fan of Hellmuth when he tilts. He's a really good players and he's very competitive. As he stated, he doesn't like to lose and LOVE to win.

Only thing I don't agree with is when his talking become abusive with a player. I mean, you lost, you're mad, say what you have to say and get over it...

steve101651

steve101651

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol he is funny, at times I almost feel sorry for him though. He has taken some serious beats, and does not take them well at all.

N

Narcizzist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's made a ridiculous amount of money from the game so it stands to reason that he knows what he's doing.

He's entertaining when it goes wrong so a lot of people forget that.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A living legend and a narcissistic egomaniac, emotional person. Many professional poker players dislike him.