Persistence in Poker

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just like in life, poker is no different, everything we do besides having a lot of study needs to persist. In poker many times our goals are not achieved in the short term, but rather in the long run. The great poker players are great because they persisted in their goals and never stopped believing and as a reward they achieved success, for success is the prize of those who believe

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just like in life, poker is no different, everything we do besides having a lot of study needs to persist. In poker many times our goals are not achieved in the short term, but rather in the long run. The great poker players are great because they persisted in their goals and never stopped believing and as a reward they achieved success, for success is the prize of those who believe

I fully agree with you, it is necessary to understand that in poker we are playing with people with abilities very similar to ours. And in the long run a little more difference in our capacity will make us stand out over the average of other people, for that it takes persistence.

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. You are right.The persistence is an essential skill to play poker.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree with you, if you believe and play for a long time and persist, you can get good results and very good and decent money!

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that perseverance is a necessary concept in poker.
But I am constantly worried about the mention of this. There is a film familiar to the Russian-speaking community "Golden Calf". In one episode of the film, the scammers stole a weight for sports from an underground millionaire. They thought that they were made of gold, and sawed them on the seashore at night to see it. One of the criminals realized earlier that he was wrong and all the time told the other to cut "Shura" to cut. Is there no analogy here?

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You r so right keep on keeping on and u can achieve your goals

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Man, you are so right. I needed to hear that from somebody else. Tough poker moment for me now. Thanks a lot!!!

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree, but persistence depends on placed goals,
for example i am recreational player and i play only for fun, so i dont have big goals and for me, persistence is not high level demand

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unshakable confidence

Implementing our strategy at the tables (and thus making a profit) is possible only with deep faith in your own strength. I just don’t know a single top player, even on microlimits, who would have a bad opinion about his own poker skill. As in any other professional sport, “healthy arrogance” plays an important role in achieving success. Every time you sit down at a table, you must believe that you are the best player at this table. If you do not think so, then find another table! Surely you know a lot more about poker than you really think.

It is always important to remember that poker sometimes requires an incredibly large distance for your real results to finally manifest themselves. The variance in this game is just insane! And I speak a minimum of 100k hands, and in some cases even more. It can take months if you play online, and years - if you live. Poker is not a “quick theme to cut the dough,” as many of you originally thought. And the only thing that will help you get through all these thorns is a rock-solid self-reliance. Continue and continue to learn and improve your game outside the poker tables. so play with this knowledge and do not be afraid of anyone!:stoned::stoned::stoned:

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Wise words, Anatolii. One more thing that came to my mind - practice makes perfect. One should learn and train hard to reach the high levels of the game.

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wise words. I agree with them. Let's move on!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you. As in our life, in poker, we have to be patient and disciplined in order to succeed in the long run.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Success and persistence go together.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well said for sure. There are so many variablesthat you can't control. hands where you have done everything correctly but just didn't get the right results. You just need to keep at it.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I heard somewhere that poker is an easy game.:)

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those who believe that poker is a sport, one more reason to be persistent in the game, even because persistence is an odd feature of sports.
Also if someone believes that poker is a job, more reasons still have to be persistent because, work must be performed every day of their lives.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way tô evolute is playing??!?

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing poker for about 13 years I may say I am persistent.

Z

zkmena

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, our results are based on the amount we study

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like your course/staker/coach/whoever has brainwashed you well. lets also add

champions stand up one more time than the rest

and...

since youre studying this course you are doing more than 90% of the field

(which is 2019 is total BS, the 90% are the ones trying to improve the other 10% is the botfarms and teamviewer groups that are wiping out the other group)

Follow your dreams if you can make it GOOD DEAL!!!

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The attempt and the study lead to perfection. and to be a lucrative delay

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to try and try, sometimes you lose, sometimes you win.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been trying for a year on Sunday to become a better player and while I've made huge improvements I'm nowhere near where I need to be to reach my goals. Tilting after variance, overplaying top pair, calling to frequently and not building a solid range are all still things I'm struggling with. I was told today that I suck at poker. I thought about it and I honestly couldn't agree more. 99% of us do and the more I try the more I realize I may never get to where I'd like to be... But I'm going to fight until the bitter end to get there

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes, you are right. Like in life in poker is the same, need to persist in order to achieve you goals in long term. If you see you are losing in a short therm and you quit playing based on this aspect, don't think poker is for you.