To Peek Or Not

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play live, do you have a peek at your down cards when involved in a pot? Peeking gives you a great opportunity to run a bluff when combined with appropriate facial and other body tells, but these have to be subtle..Peek when the flop goes down and peek just before it's your turn to play. How many more times you peek is up to you, but as in any bluff it's use is limited.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Peeking too much does not give a good image from any player, someone will ask if you have a memory problem hehe. For me when someone peeks, it's about to be sure what you have, but many times is such a bad bluff.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My face when I turn my hand into a bluff after peeking at my cards.
20-michael-scott-personality-suppression.w1200.h630.jpg

Last edited:
D

djsviga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Peeking too much is never good and you should not be doing it, as of when bluffing, checking for flush, etc or not, as long as you are consistent you will not be giving out any tells. I particularly try to peek as least as possible. GL!

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play optimally and not read too much into tells like seeing when someone checks their cards. I also don't trust myself to not give up info that might hurt me to my opponents, so I rarely take a second glance at my cards, and I definitely don't try to use it as a strategy against my opponents. Keeping things more standard is the way for me!:D

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can not believe this helps at the live tables, as it's irrelevant to review the cards several times before playing! I knew that from a woman who played the European circuit, I do not remember what it was ... plus she played the entire tournament looking only once at the faces, only once, think that suspense and brass, that would leave me consubstantial.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely peek. When I look I remember what two card I have.:)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll look when it will get me some where. If I have floated some one in previous hand, might look if it wasn't played that way before. Really try to mix things up now and then for different posture.