Patience an important skill?

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is the most important thing in poker, only when playing a lot of dining tournament, rivals sometimes understand what you want by all means to get to the bonus area, and they increase the rate while you're doing a good hand pass and the fear of not to get in the bonus area.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is needed, but reading your opponents can often override patience. Waiting for premium hands can be a slow death. But finding the range of effective hands against your table will open up your play and may allow for some big payouts.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Petience and correct decisions are important for success.

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that patience is paramount, especially for an aggressive poker player.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience and discipline are the most important thing in poker.
Knowing what hands to play and play it rightly, when we enter on the hand we put all our Stack in Play.

H

heix24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oo yes, its easy to make one quick stupid mistake you cant take back

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 words very important

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's a key part of my game, that's why I play multi tables. That way I don't get bored and play dumber than I already do...

P

Pawa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is necessary to be able to constrain emotions when a series of failures has come

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the player who has the patience to lose chips all-in

Uhhhhhhhh

Uhhhhhhhh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is dependent upon situation. If you are always patient, you are easy to read. I favor selection over patience.

Last edited:
hufty

hufty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I've found after playing online in the micro stakes for a while my game has improved greatly by being patient. Now, I thought I was patient before but you have to be really patient sometimes.
Once I become a better hand reader and better player overall I should be able to play more hands confidently but definitely an average player should be very patient.

F

FlushWithFlavor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deff a major part of the game, luck runs out eventually

S

STLPokerBum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is important in every aspect of life. From the beginning of time humans have hurried everything along. In poker, as in life. Slow down, observe and then act. Gain as much information at all times by using patience. The more information ypu have. The better your decision making skills will be.

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
V Important. When I am card dead I am constantly looking for excuses to enter a hand that I really shouldn't. E.g., when I have a medium pair and am facing a large raise, and the blinds aren't deep enough to have the right odds to set mine, but I want to be impatient and call anyway, maybe I will hit the set...
When you start thinking like this, have to make a conscious effort to be disciplined and make the decision that is +EV in the long run.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience and hard work,little effort

Toasted_Luck

Toasted_Luck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely! It is key. I will fold pocket Aces if being forced all in on the bubble.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is very important for the game of poker. But I think it is not the most important part of the success. If you do not have the skills of the game, theoretical knowledge, experience and so on, one patient will not help you achieve success in the game.
I am a tournament player. And I was in the game for a long time. Of course patience is very important to me. But as I said, the above is not the most important thing for the game of poker.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would`t say it`s the most important,,,aggressivness is. But,just like in alot of things,and if you want to do it well,you have to be diversive and make good decisions under duress. But most of all,you must love to play:idea:

P

Pawa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goodness knows what is necessary for this poker :)

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got back online after about a year. I kept telling myself to stay patient but you know the all in everyhand people. Decent hand not boss all in with idiot pre and you know 2 6 beats A 10. Yep should of stayed patient.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I think is the post important skill.

V

vaci38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know whether will help us patience,maybe when we play some tournaments who play a few hours,and what If you can not be waiting ?, has a tournament which is played fast no time for patience you must quickly think fold or all in,then you need a lot of luck:)all we need is a lot of luck:)every player should know the basics of poker games:)but mostly they need a lot of luck,I watched a lot of professional players no one was too much patience,I do not know whether someone will agree with me, but if you watch professional players will see that there is no patience with them,most of them immediately play all in:)