Is patience a requirement for poker?

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think it is an essential virtue for the game of Poker? And if you did not have this virtue, how could you manage to cope with this and obtain better results in the game?:confused:

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and discipline are paramount in poker, and without them luck, knowledge of poker theories and innate talent will not help.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is a huge part of the game being disciplined enough to play correct ranges otherwise you'll end up playing too many hands bluffing too much and exiting the tournament as a result

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For almost everything in life, patience will be very important.

I notice an improvement in my game when I can dedicate myself and escape distractions.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is the number one skill you need to acquire if you want to be profitable in poker but lets not forget about guts ;)

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is good for poker and for everything.
Today, people do not have patience, these people are the ones who usually get frustrated when they fall.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, patience is the main thing to play poker. Both for when we are at the table and when making money, because if you don't have patience it is very difficult to carry the game. The truth is that to reach this virtue is by practicing your patience so you will achieve it.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think it is an essential virtue for the game of Poker? And if you didn't have this virtue, how would you manage to cope with it and get better results in the game? :confused:

Of course patience is one of the most important virtues to play poker, if you do not have it you will not last long in tournaments and you will not make good decisions in your game because you want to obtain results very quickly based on emotional decisions.

With patience you can better analyze your game and your opponents, you can also wait for a good moment to double down on your game, waiting for that opportunity to go amassing chips little by little without haste.

If you are one of those who do not like to play long tournaments due to lack of patience, it is better that you play sit & go of 18, 27 or 45 players that are short or play turbos tournaments if you are an aggressive loose player.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
patience and poker

this one is a no brainer, if you lack patience and resilience mental fortitude, you will fail when it comes to endurance poker which is tourneys. to be able to play 8-16 hrs or more you need to be relaxed patience and have a game plan. it is not easy to go on hrs playing poker but if there is a passion for the game you will excel:cool::D:)

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion patience is a must.:):):)

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it is proven that the more patient and calculating you are, the better you can play and dominate your more impatient opponents. Patience is one of the greatest virtues that can exist not only in poker but for all aspects of life. Regards.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes

yes patience is is one of the key to better results, when you think about it, waiting for the right hand, position, and patience in when to bluff and when to fold, its almost in everything in poker.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that patience is absolutely a fundamental virtue in poker. It is so important that it is unavoidable, it cannot be replaced by any other virtue. Impatience is a lack of humility, without humility there is no success!

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that you do need some patience or else you will be throwing your money to the wolves....I usually wait for decent hands and that takes patience and determination...Good luck to all in your games.

Beatlebug

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is a must have skill / trait in poker.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Patience is very importand in this game. You need patience in the game. You also need patience in the long term, as the sessions pass!

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going far in tournaments and winning a lot of money is one of the most important qualities. Besides of course a dose of luck and insight.

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is one of the most important things in poker, without it long-term progress will be very difficult.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you think it is an essential virtue for the game of Poker? And if you did not have this virtue, how could you manage to cope with this and obtain better results in the game?:confused:

There are some essential virtues in poker, patience is just the main one. If you do not have any, find any. Practice helps. Good luck, indeed you'll need some of it too.:rolleyes:

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes Patients is most important in poker with out Patients you wouldn't be able to make it nowhere.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, patience is as necessary as a hunter and fisherman. If you are in a hurry, distribute your entire stack by looking at each flop.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, especially when a big win is won, stay in mind!

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Pacience is my weakest poker side.I always iose advantage when play patient game.