Open-Face Chinese Poker

jappchop

jappchop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmmm never heard about this game i think i might give it a try sounds interesting

L

Liquified

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've wondered why stars has not added this format yet, more action they can over rake!

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This article was very useful for, because it was always interesting to learn the rules. And I also wonder where you can play this kind of poker. I have not met him in one room.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CHINESE POKER

Particularly never played but I have friends who are very fond mainly dealers in games ranges are playing to relax

There is a variant that strikes me to play but it seems to be really fun

:jd4:mateuspoker

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any good software for this game? I'm not aware of any rooms that have chinese style open face poker. Is it like mahjong?

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have not played this before. It is interesting to read about, I may give it a go at some point, so I will know where to go to study up. This seems like one that would be too complicated for our holiday family games, since I have to provide hand rank lists to some family members for NLHE, lol. There is a local group of poker enthusiasts I found and they might be interested though.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I luv OFC...

But I am a newbie yet. It is a great game to learn to count outs. So more than texas holdem or omaha for example you need to find worse players to be profitable because lacking bluffs, you depend more on the deck.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally, if I had a confrontation for commanding the table with a Chinese one year ago ... it is always a challenge to play any game against an Asian, great dedication, take any discipline in series what makes them an example for the world .

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
An interesting variant on poker, but not for me. Too much to learn and I don't need that in my life anymore.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I found his game mode of the very interesting but seems kind of confusing to me I will have to study a little more poker Chinese

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like games except Texas hold'em.But this one got me interested.Opens the entire deck.This is a mini game.But the concentration on a large number of cards seems tedious to me.And loses the intrigue of the last cards.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a very interesting and sounds much more complicated , Definitly not my cup of tea ,but if i had interest ,and submitted effort to learnibg it, i might say it is a well deserved variant to holdem . I just cannot see investing my time to study or learn this game

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When I was at college we used to play Tichu it has many common rules with poker but 4 participants are needed and they play separated in 2 teams. You can also play online.It is very interesting.Sorry but seems that this variant is way too complicated to have fun. It will be way too hard too play it.

We can't win at NL Hold'em which is one of the simplest variants, I don't need this. Sorry but I am honest as always. :D

A

andrewj50050

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i ve played it a lot, cash games and the odd tournament, they have open face chinese on TONYBET

great game but dont play on a low bankroll, practice in freerolls first before mastering this game

Last edited by a moderator:
zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw how it is played, but I do not know anything about this game !

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the truth is that I did not understand this game at all, I apologize if this time I do not give a proper comment about the article, but the truth I had never heard of that game and what I read in this article I could not understand anything about this game, maybe if I get to practice live with someone who is explaining me, sure I will understand, but for now I can not comment on it.

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it! It's a blast.
Great for when you just want something to do on the side, and you can also keep this going as a long-term game over days, weeks, months with your buddies.

Perfect game to bring a deck of cards to the coffee shop/bar, and just note down your points on a sheet of paper.

Can't WAIT for this one to be released online, i've had a hell of a time trying to find it.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear about open face chinese poker first time in your article:) I attentively read the guide how to play this type of poker, but frankly speaking OFCP is still big mistery for me. For the best understanding I have to try it on practice, but I absolutelly haven`t such desire:p

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never heard of this game, but apparently it is a game like all Chinese games of quite intelligent, maybe try to learn how to play it when i will have more free time.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, so Memos here in my city is not recognized the game, but from what I read in the article is very interesting. I hope to practice it. regards

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive never heard of this game in my life, it would be nice to look into it and try to learn to play, but where exactly does OFC offer??

Open Face Chinese Poker looks very confusing and complicating, but it is ofourse interesting. maybe ill give it a go and learn this!

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love to learn to play it, I have a Chinese friend who loves games, I will tell him to teach me this modality that looks very attractive

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's the first time I heard about this variant of poker.
I am not ready at all to play another variant.
I still need to work on my Hold-em No limit play.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have never played it . but from what i have heard there are some programe that can read the variants , so i don t want to put higher ammount of money in this game . anyway i will try to play it and see . good luck to evryone

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read the article, I found it interesting, but unfortunately I never played Chinese poker, who knows if one day find people, close friends who play this poker I play for fun. Most certainly would not trade my online poker, Texas holdem for nothing, I love poker.