Open-Face Chinese Poker

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have any of you ever played open face Chinese Poker? I absolutely love the game but haven't played in years. Joe and I had an App that we used and he always kicked my butt - but the app was so buggy we finally just quit playing.

I am curious if it is still popular - I don't hear as much about it anymore. Here is an article we can read and discuss:

Open-Face Chinese Poker

Let me know what you think about this game!

fdc13603d964aa3cbe08a82f831dbccb.png

Last edited:
playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard there was an online program that makes the game solvable...hence I would not be interested in this variant. I personally would not put serious money online in this variant because of that. Trying to learn another variant besides NLH and Omaha. I also like thinking about structures and enjoy NLH HU 4 table same opponent maybe 6 table.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have many friends playing Chinese poker here in my town, I do not even know where to start I do not know how to play Chinese poker more I heard about the game a lot like playing it maybe one day I learn to play.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sounds interesting, it would be great to know a little more about this game.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have any of you ever played Open Face Chinese Poker? I absolutely love the game but haven't played in years. Joe and I had an app that we used and he always kicked my butt - but the app was so buggy we finally just quit playing.

I am curious if it is still popular - I don't hear as much about it anymore. Here is an article we can read and discuss:

Open-Face Chinese Poker

Let me know what you think about this game!

fdc13603d964aa3cbe08a82f831dbccb.png
I played Chinese Poker a while ago for some time; i discovered a poker platform which has only Chinese Poker tables where you may build your bankroll practically from zero; i remember i did 300 euros starting from zero. I can tell you that the Chinese Poker is very interesting and in my opinion uses more than texas holdem the players skills. Unfortunately after the legislation modified in my country i don't have access anymore to that poker platform:(.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't have any clue about Chinese Poker, but it's something I would be interested to search.

It seems quite cool as a game and I know that Phil Hellmuth made a couple of Twitch streams playing OF Chinese poker, but I didn't manage to watch them. It's a game that needs quite good strategy, as this game's players claim. It seems cool and good game, I will try to look at it in the future.

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been taught that anything that is called ‘chinese’ is short of the nuts. I really don’t like the whole concept.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
So far, I never played this game and I guess, I won't play it.
It sounds so complicated for me and especially it sounds for me, like it takes a lot of time to determine the winning cards. I guess, it is hardly playable at multi-tables.
Therefore I just would try it in a freeroll, when I have nothing else to do or to play.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i really dont know anything about this game other than what i just read but ive watched other people play on a site that i hardly ever go on. it doesn't interest me at all. seems kinda hard to play so ill stick to nlh and sometimes Omaha

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
open face chinese poker (sometimes called "Pineapple") is an interesting game. He has his own strategy and requires a certain skill for the game. So this is really a game of skill. However, he has several points that probably hamper his popularity:

1. Tournaments for this type of poker last long. A very long time. Even the most simple and with a small number of players. The reason is that there are only 2 or 3 players at the table, but each hand lasts for several minutes because of the greater number of rounds and the need to do a lot of actions with moving the cards.

2. Luck. Unfortunately, you will always depend on the cards you have received. There's no bluff. There is no fold and you will pay your bad hands every time. Three or four bad cards deal completely to kill a very good stack. Not depending on your skill. This is reality. There are layouts from which it is impossible to build anything consistently better than a few pairs that will not bring you victory against combinations of villains.

3. The third reason - quite a few reliable poker rooms. I would be glad to see Open Face Chinese Poker anywhere on pokerstars or 888. But unfortunately they are not there. You will find Open Face Chinese Poker only in the most famous places, where you can not always play because of access restrictions by countries.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never heard of this poker.
I would be interested to know more. Thank you.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I still did not know this format. The game seems to be a mix of Texas hold'em, Seven-card stud and with variance of games like blackjack. Curious the part of the points and the game to be played with the face of the cards face down.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
heard from friends about this game, but never interested, decided to read about this game and realized that any player who knows how to play Texas hold'em without problems will master this game,the main thing is not to play for real money and slowly learn!

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Been a long, long time since I tried playing this, used to have a few fun games with Alfie back in the day, he always owned me though lol, can't remember how to play it these days.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never heard of that game, and I never played it, it seems interesting and I would like to play it, I will look for information to study it

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never heard of Chinese Poker or Open-Faced Chinese Poker...If there was a app to play it I guess I'd give it a try...The article spells it out pretty well...I cannot really understand it without playing it...A game I like that isn't too popular that I like to play is Hand and Foot or Canasta...you can play it on Facebook...when I need a break from Poker I like to play that.

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its nice game i like it so much fun ;)

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play this game on my phone called Pineapple it was really fun. Basically Chinese poker with a few twists.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
there was once a discussion of Chinese poker, some report that they like this game, some do not, but most of the forum members have never heard anything about this kind of poker. I belong to the latter. I don't know anything about Chinese poker either, and its description sounds to me like a Chinese letter. without trial hands, I can't make up my mind about this game. I would love to take part in a Chinese poker tournament if it is organized as a home game, but I don't think there is any software that allows to organize such an event.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh, i even didn't heard about this, read a few articles, quite interesting thing)

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A lot of live game pros play this when they are playing against one another.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've never played OFC poker. Seems complicated to have to make 3 different hands at the same time using 13 cards. I have a hard enough time figuring out to make one 5 card hand using 2 hole cards in Holdem. Anything more than that would make my head explode.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's an app called 'Days of Poker' were you can play chinese poker.
It's only a year old and in the beginning the app runned good. But it lost alot of players already.
Next week is their one year anniversary and they will revamp the app. I hope it will do the app good, cause I really enjoyed playing on that app in the beginning.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Ive never tried it, i dont understand it.