Online poker superstitions

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have any online poker superstitions? I sure do. Timing is everything. It's quite complicated how I time things but I even time my folds at the right spot.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once i 3 bet villain with AK he calls tge flop was KQ 6 rainbow. Once I saw the flop i thought he had KQ... So i checked he bet 0.5 pot bet i thought it will be dumb to fold so called . brick turn and he put me allin and showed kq... I was like wtf,, exact hand i knew he had

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Unfortunately, time is always not enough.
I play 3-4 hours a day, and still I think it is too little for progress.
Good luck.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reading a lot of post that the online game is rigged. For me, I like a
bowl of Lucky Charms. They are magically delicious.

agrivion

agrivion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have any online poker superstitions? I sure do. Timing is everything. It's quite complicated how I time things but I even time my folds at the right spot.
I have learnt to fear floping 2 pairs. It seems that 9/10 times I lose to a flush or straight. It never turns into a full house, and will most likely lose. I point it out because 2 pairs is not a bad hand...unless I flop it.

Another is a straight that is just one card short on flop. I read something about not enough equity or something :) but if it comes up I toss that isht so fast. Then again I try to do my best to not chase cards, but I go stupid too often.

How about when you have the best hand pre turn, but soon as you call the other player, turn; one pair.....river; second pair and you lose. ALWAYS after they give you a nice hand on the flop.

Yaaay online poker consistency!!

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to have a jar of peanut butter on my desk before I grind. I don't know why but it's just party of my ritual for poker.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I really don't have any superstitions weather I play live or online.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe some online poker sites have a bad beat function that is triggered when a player goes allin where the big stack in the hand takes out the lesser chip stack.

Nisnimnin

Nisnimnin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play A8 because that's a "lucky" hand for me.

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really any superstitions but I would definitely not underestimate people's paranoia when it comes to bad beats on certain sites. People just can't seem to realize that even days with super bad beats where they do the math and it's like a 1/1000 chance to be put in so many bad spots at once is statistically going to happen all the time. It is understandable given that there is a pretty big disconnect from your money being pixels on a computer screen and utter lack of empathy when it decidedly says "Welp guess you lost all your money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm extremely superstitious when it comes to online poker.. during a tournament with rebuy I will go all in against lower stack than me because of the itm

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't have any of them.:boring::boring::boring:

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not have superstitions in poker and in life either. This all just makes it difficult to understand the correctness of things and actions.

S

sanek18_1999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I don't sing before poker and I don't get in the mood, it's gonna be a bad game.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation happens to every player. Not upset. Play tighter.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn.. I was thinking about my own poker supersititions and gambling fallacies the other day, and I was going to make a thread to see if there are others like me.

These superstition are when I play on pokerstars and not just any online poker site. I dont have any superstitions for ACR yet.

So, my first superstition is flopped two pairs on straight or flush draw boards. Whenever happens, I believe that most of the time by the river I wont be good.

Another one, is when a player receives a bad beat while he was
a big favorite, and he loses so many chips that whatever his cards on the next hand is, he shoves, I dont call cause I believe that suckout is coming most of the time. :p:p

An other gambler's fallacy or superstition, is checking the last board to see if my flush will be good in the board to come. Like the last board was all hearts, if in the next hand I get two hearts, I believe that there is a slim possibility of a board with a hearts flush draw again.

Also, when if lets say there were multiple last boards without a king or queen, I believe that a hand with king or queen to be good.

Another one is when we are last two players heads up, either on a final table, or a spin n go or whenever, when my opponent tilts and start shoving every hand, whenever I have a likely good hand to call constantly random shoves like KQ to QJ, for some reason he also have a really good hand. So instead I call whenever I have at least an Ace.

Also, when heads up on spin n go, while most opponents rarely fold pre, whenever I have a really monster hand like AA or KK, my opponents folds without me even have a chance to raise most of the time. So I start believing that whenever I have a really instafold hand like 27o, 29o, 37o, 49o and my opponent bets pre when he rarely bets, he really have a monster.

Of course, I admit that its gambler's fallacy like in roulette where if the last five times its on black, it doesnt mean you have more possibilities for red the sixth time.

Last edited:
E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe flopping bottom 2 pairs are never good on a flush draw board...it always seems to get there by the river for some odd reason.... it seems they get counterfeited quite alot.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a person is reckless he can not be superstitious, and superstitious people see signs all the time)))

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can lose, or loose enough money just trying to play smart poker, don't need any superstitions to toss money into.

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that you mention it if I have a superstition that I share with friends and it is playing the last hand before the break, usually that hand is tragic and I avoid it with a good hand.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not have superstitions in poker

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No superstitions in poker...just a good game ! But a lucky charm always works hahaha

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to avoid these superstitions about certain hands or certain patterns with cards but there are some pretty weird coincidences I notice playing online from time to time.

R

RobQQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest supperstition

I think my biggest superstition is if Im multi tabling and similar hands come up on both tables or I see the cards I want at one table to show up on the flop at another table....i think this is a bad omen. I dont know why, I always lose when this happens lol

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have some, but I had not stopped to count them. Come on, whenever I see cards folded on the table, I see as a sign of bad luck and that someone can have a crack or full house, the same thing happens when three cards of the same suit appear, I think some player has flushed. And if there are letters that can form a sequence, that also bothers me a little. There are others, but these are the main ones.