Online poker and its mysteries

R

Romano36

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How can a poker player at a freerool table (recreational players) go allin four times with marginal hands and hit all of them? This makes us suspicious that something is wrong. I even tried to do that in a promotional tournament of the sunday million 13th only to see how much of my luck I was going, and in fact, I fell in all the attempts. Anyway, is this madness that in fact is not even so scarce at the tables, at least in the free or the micro (small) limits choose some privileged?
Because honestly it's like throwing a plane at 10,000 altitude without the parachute four times and in all of them, expect to get unharmed to the ground. Actually, whatever that means, it's a bucket of cold water for those who use free tournaments as experience for higher flights. Does anyone explain this? Please, as I am recreational and ignorant, try to clarify this doubt. Without this to say that in the long run this is not profitable, because this argument is as in the sacred bible you tell the lay reader that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Whether or not it is long-term or not, what I want to understand is how this rondomizador blocks luck in a player and with that make the stack difference in the tournament. I do not think it's fair. There must be a way to fix it.:(

S

Sideshowfreak

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls are full of idiots and poker skills go out the window because of the time limits involved and low stacks to start.

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The odds to get a pair on the flop is 32.43 %. Hitting that 4 times in a row is likely to sometimes although I don`t know the exact odds. I recall in one game hitting a set when dealt a pair 4 times in a row as I was dealt those pairs. Odds of hitting a set is 11.8 %. These things will occur from time to time.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It just happens. You can't apply too much logic to freerolls. Just play it for fun.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Moreover, this player will write to you that you do not know how to play, and will teach you how to play poker. I come across this every day. And they will surely write to you teacher, that this is just a downsvik and variance, and you will win the distance.
I also do not understand what drives such players and what they hope for. In addition, these players very rarely reach the prize, but they will break the game for many.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think of freerolls as a lottery ticket in the middle of a minefield. You have to get through the first couple minutes of shoving and aggressive play to get ahead of the blinds and antes. It is an exciting time for many persons who have a lucky streak.

I know it is hard, but try not to go on tilt over it. Have fun.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is where mysticism is - today is my gaming day. I have never met such shameful card hands in games. Complete and permanent failure of my combinations. Aces are just causing hate and disgust

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand what you are saying about the “freeroll shoving machine” that gets lucky several hands in a row. Losing to them can be incredibly frustrating. I think some of them enjoy being the table annoyance. Then you look up their stats and they are big time losing players and/or very low rated. They never realize that it’s impossible to win every hand with good hands let alone bad ones. Simple logic should clue them in but they keep at it. Those players always run out of luck. The funny thing is they accumulate a big chip stack yet they have no self control and inevitably they punt the chips away. You are only seeing a handful of their hands. Trust me, they are not blessed with luck. Obviously they lack the skill set to play well. The only way they can win is by accumulating chips through bingo. The players at higher levels are not shoving every hand and playing this way. It’s not profitable. Some players realize that freerolls are only paying a small portion compared to the enrollment and figure let me chip up luckily or not waste my time waiting for hands when some donk will crack my aces with rags calling with any 2. Unfortunately luck is a factor and some of these players last a while in tournaments but skill will be needed to sustain variance.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe there is more to it than random idiots jamming and connecting. You'll never find out so don't bother yourself with it - play your best

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can definitely happen. Since when they go all-in, their opponent also has marginal hands.
Which means it's 50% chance that they win. So to win 4 hands like that still is 6.25% likely to happen.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The solution is one - if you want a fair game without variance, play chess :D

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weakly playing players can not get to the prize pool in the freerolls and therefore solve this issue hoping just for random luck. He who plays well bases his game on skill.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can a poker player at a freerool table (recreational players) go allin four times with marginal hands and hit all of them? This makes us suspicious that something is wrong. I even tried to do that in a promotional tournament of the sunday million 13th only to see how much of my luck I was going, and in fact, I fell in all the attempts. Anyway, is this madness that in fact is not even so scarce at the tables, at least in the free or the micro (small) limits choose some privileged?
Because honestly it's like throwing a plane at 10,000 altitude without the parachute four times and in all of them, expect to get unharmed to the ground. Actually, whatever that means, it's a bucket of cold water for those who use free tournaments as experience for higher flights. Does anyone explain this? Please, as I am recreational and ignorant, try to clarify this doubt. Without this to say that in the long run this is not profitable, because this argument is as in the sacred bible you tell the lay reader that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Whether or not it is long-term or not, what I want to understand is how this rondomizador blocks luck in a player and with that make the stack difference in the tournament. I do not think it's fair. There must be a way to fix it.:(
The chance is almost equal to a CC member joining March 2014 and making a first post in March 2019.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing poker online and try to play often but sometimes the outcome of some hands makes me wonder about it's validity. When I see some hands that should not have a small chance of winning take down major pots it just have me wondering sometimes

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I haven't taken the freerolls for a long time seriously and I think that most players do the same. This is a lottery. In such games I rely not on math, but on intuition. Yesterday she brought me to the final table. The freerolls give a good experience. With their help I develop aggressiveness because I lack it in a normal game.

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The same way someone can flip a coin 5 times and get heads 5 times in a row or a baseball player can get 5 hits in a row even though he gets a hit 27% of the time.

People dont respect the art of poker, the art of creating something and being satisfied by the end result. You will find even less of this respect for "the art of poker " in freerolls.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tbh, your guy was probably just at the right place, at the right time to beat the odds once in his career..
One thing I don't like of online poker is that it's not the same deck shuffled everytime.. it's a new one at all hands.. and thre're what... around 35 000 hands played per minute on big sites? Maybe more..and how many hands are dealt in an event like the wsop main event in Vegas? I don't know serisouly, but it's sure it's less then that. That influence the odds a bit!

-TRP-

B

bigdoggg325

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i said its rigged i would be called a rigtard. play your game

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players come to play and test their skills and knowledge in poker, but it happens that today is just not your day !!! but there is a type of people who, at low limits, go fool around and go all-inn with rubbish on their hands and they are lucky !!!! this is a game and this is poker !!!! so you need to do this a little bit calmly and without nerves !!!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just say "Thanks for playing!" and move on. Or better "wp".

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Once upon a time in the west I was dealt on my first four hands AA, QQ, JJ, KA and, believe me, I won with each one of them. Was a wonderful feeling, you know...but if it were for the villain advantage, man, I'd be very mad and cursing around.��

M

misiomick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the beauty of poker, anything can happen, even complete noob winning allins 4 times in row. It makes me wonder sometimes - let's sit the monkey at the table with poker pros, teach it how to push all in and let it decide when to push, I would be really curious to see how well the monkey would do and how long would it last at that table.

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes get beat by Fish because they are betting stupid hands, I think you need to remember to start with something you can work with it just fold! Especially against fish!

M

mikeyg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the early stages it truly is a lottery on freerolls,but its luck for the all in every hand,sometimes its ok to wait for a prem hand and push and if you double up fair enough,if you lose its a freeroll and you might have just saved yourself a few hours of heartache.