Online Poker Burnout – What Do You Do?

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I handicap horse races typically, but my season doesn’t start again for a couple of months. So after a 5 year hiatus from online poker I re-engaged and started 2.5 months ago. After the first month I was doing well, never made a deposit thus far about every day I cashed in a freeroll, did ok in sit n go’s and cash games a little better than even.

Nothing out of the ordinary in my personal life, business as usual. On January 6th, bam I can’t focus, for the last 11 days hell. Easy decisions mostly all bad, blow all the money I built at one Omaha Hi Lo table with a bunch of goofballs, bad cards and with all in pre-flops mainly - I don't play like that. I changed the design of table 10 times, nada. I sign up for tournaments and go all in or go to sleep. I look forward to playing but from the beginning to middle of the tournament I unravel now.

Help, lol, col!! :sheep:

Last edited:
burton_boy

burton_boy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sounds to me like toy might be playing trying to catch up, or break even with some monetary value you held in the past. The best advice I can give is to start back from scratch. When you begin to devalue your earnings and simply aim to make money and not make good decisions you will find yourself trying to simply get lucky rather than to play well. Sadly I have been here myself on more than one occasion. If need be take a small break from the table (not from CC though) to help you get back on track. If you were a winning player once you can be again, it just takes time and patience. Good luck getting back to your game.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ouch - sounds like another thread where someone lost their bankroll.

Be patient my friend. Maybe take a break from your game. It sounds like you are tilting a bit. Must be missing the horses, huh? Hang in there. They'll be back on the track soon enough.

As for your poker game, you had a good run, then hit a bump. Take a deep breath, review your play, and remember, the goofballs are the ones who provide better players with their profits.

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just an update: I'm doing much better today, 1 or 2 off the bubble and out, so add to burnt out, tilting, I'm bubbling.

Police are standing by, lol, just kidding. :wavey:

I think the solution is less poker, better quality, and ultimately once a week or a month big tournament for all the pretzels. This way I get the failures down to maybe 12 a year.