Noob Q: what is Zoom?

Adam_E_

Adam_E_

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm hearing, reading, seeing a lot about zoom ('ZOOM') poker. I play on pokerstars so I know it's a format of poker that is available there.

What is it though?

Is it recommended (is it +EV for a relative beginner that is trying to study and grind full-time to build a bankroll)? Or is there more of a 'gamble' in it as a format of NLHE?

Thanks

Adam

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zoom is a format of instant hands, as soon as you fold your hand you get retabled to another hand. so if you are looking to get a large number of hands in a short time then for sure. can be too quick for me sometimes, also you dont get any feel for your opponents.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Charlie Carrel plays Zoom quite a bit. If you want another avenue to watch/learn about Zoom, Charlie streams on Twitch frequently.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom Poker is a new way to play poker at PokerStars. It's different, it's fast and also a lot of fun. Instead of playing a table with 10 players, you can play with a set of 200 tables and 2,000 players at the same time. That means an increase in your total number of hands per hour of 400%.

At first everything looks like a normal ring game table, but as soon as you give up your hand, you will receive a new hand at a completely different table. That's right, you do not have to wait for the hand to finish, you instantly receive new cards. You do not need to throw away your 72nd on the button and expect another marginal hand to fold again. Click the 'Fast Fold' button as many times as you need until you get a playable hand.

Adam_E_

Adam_E_

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
zoom is a format of instant hands, as soon as you fold your hand you get retabled to another hand. so if you are looking to get a large number of hands in a short time then for sure. can be too quick for me sometimes, also you dont get any feel for your opponents.

Thanks everybody. Yeah it kind of scares the shit out of me.

I'm not ready for it yet. Trying to build a roll on full ring STTs first before I dabble in Zoom etc.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm hearing, reading, seeing a lot about zoom ('ZOOM') poker. I play on PokerStars so I know it's a format of poker that is available there.

What is it though?

Is it recommended (is it +EV for a relative beginner that is trying to study and grind full-time to build a bankroll)? Or is there more of a 'gamble' in it as a format of NLHE?

Thanks

Adam

It's this mode where everyone takes turns 3 barreling into each other so ya never have to worry about seeing that river card.

Adam_E_

Adam_E_

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm am pleased to report to you all that I am now in love with zoom poker.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my particular case, I really like this type of game. When you do not like the hand that has touched you, you instantly leave that table and go to new tables. It is a very fast way to play and if you do not have a lot of time available and you want to play poker for a while it always comes in handy. You have to be very careful because there are many fish that always pull all in to steal the blinds and in one of those they grab you with a bad beat. I recommend this type of game. regards

S

SuperClaretsBFC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the way you can't regret folding a hand like in normal tournaments

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Some people refer to zoom poker as poker on crack. If you do not like the slow pace of a full ring game or need to play more hands an hour, zoom poker is for you.