Is NL Omaha better than NL holdem?

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is more complicated and generates lot of action :)

O

Oyeah713

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem

Texas holdem all the way !!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In the beginning I always saw the Holdem more feasible, entertaining and in a way more commercial. Until recently, by chance I signed up for an Omaha tournament, I mean that in the course of the game I was reading a little bit the instructions that was nothing special, but I saw it very good and a great alternative. I tried the Omaha Pot Limit. Very good the truth, although if you give me to always choose Holdem

I love PLO for the gamble, but that's when I'm running good or have suckered a friend of mine into playing, lol. It's really cool when I play ring game PLO, trny's are another beast. I played one today and my str8 lost to a flush on the rvr... but that's PLO. NLH trny's r great for the endurance and I find I have a better outcome by comparison; kinda like Slayer v Chemical Bros. :rock:

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the holdem is more interesting, because I first started playing holdem then omaha.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve been playing both Omaha and 08. I don’t believe in either or. The more games you are proficient at the better. Just be sure you understand the fundamentals and differences.

D

Dsqtq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were right when you said that Holdem is more commercial. It is key of all. Maybe you are the next Chris Moneymaker or someone else, but I don't know any who is popular Omaha player. But if you are one who are playing for fun - it's your choice

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Omaha is more fun because of having more cards obviously, but most people don't know the intricacies of the game. I think more players still play hold'em so there's probably still a lot more money to be made from it than Omaha or other games.

Aestheticzz

Aestheticzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always preferred Hold'em over Omaha. Just my preference. Not being able to raise as much as you want and being limited to pot size is a drag.:mad:

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the Omaha game more, but it happens that I play both Hold'em and Omaha at the same time, I like Omaha because there’s more fun than in hold'em!

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha PLO and hi/lo to switch it up..

. When I feel bogged down with NLHE, I turn to Omaha PLO and hi/lo.
When I switch to Omaha, I have strict bankroll, win/loss objectives. If I lose, it's within a range I can absorb.
One thing unmentioned is: with all the variance with Omaha, it is much easier to be put on tilt.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a holdem player. I have played omaha as well. That being said, I do prefer holdem over omaha. Why?? I have a better feel for it than I do in omaha. It's just whatever works best for you. I mean if you are more successful at omaha than I say go with flow. It seems to me though, that the downside to playing omaha compared to holdem is that there doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much action. That being said I prefer to go where the action is. Either way, best of luck in your endeavors and hopefully whichever route you decide to travel be successful at it. Good luck!!

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both, but I think that there are more players in the Hold`em tournaments, thus larger prize pools. So, Omaha may be the future, but Hold`em is the now.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll stick with NL Holdem when I have a choice. Omaha just has too many variables for my taste.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Omaha is a hard and incomprehensible game. you think that my hand is a ray .. and you lost .... misunderstood ..... better Holden

N

Newstyle_1704

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose to play holdem because it is a more standard type of poker game and basically most of the tournaments are played on hold'em.
It seems to me that the game of holdem is much more interesting than Omaha, although everyone has his own opinion on this question.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing of Texas Hold'em, Omaha can try as an option in the future :icon_rr:

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play everything you can

I believe that, since we all aspire to be great/pro players some day, playing a wide variety of poker games can add a lot of insight and give you perspective. As something that may give you valuable experience, i recommend you try any poker game, at least once.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got the basics down on Omaha but just prefer to play holdem.

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Omaha will teach you how to make better odds decisions. It has helped me calculate the amount of risk in all-in situations. I don't prefer it over hold'em as a way to make money but I think it will help your game to practice Omaha.

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NL Omaha takes more effort in calculating the risk because of the extra cards. I am reading a book on Pot limit omaha right now to get better.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I play more Texas Hold'em but Omaha I love is more exciting but less control the game in texas holdem omaha ... you have more control over the game

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
H/NL O/PL

Every single beginner player to start the best is NL Holdem Omaha is for experience players who already know about the game. I love both game 😊

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ff

Hello friends.Omaha is more diffucult than holdem .More combination from 4 cards can change your strategy at flop turn river.At plo nutts at flop can be zero at turn .I also noticed that at plo you need enough cash to play .....

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does not matter when you ask this question, it will always win Hold'em

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules