Is NL Omaha better than NL holdem?

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a fan of NL Omaha, so I'll say no. Omaha is such a draw heavy game the pot limit format seems to work better . You're always trying to catch a draw in the game, I think when you get players pushing all-in all the time it becomes more of a bingo game then a game of skill.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are apples better than oranges?

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well.. a good reason why NL hold'em is way better is the variety of games you can find for it, even for mtts there are hundreds every hour for any limit, harder to find a good game of nlo

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the better is what brings you profit.

509fio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Switching gears is hard to do. I've always liked playing different games during the same session to keep the poker mind "up". Damn though, PLO/NL is so action heavy how could you not like it?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like better NL holdem because it is easier to read the opponents hand. By holding 4 starting cards you can tell how hard that becomes! Variance seems to hit you harder in the particular variation.The good thing about playing omaha is that you have smaller fields if we are talking about MTTs!

If I had to play something else than NL holdem I wouldn't prefer Omaha only for the above reason! There are many other nice poker games!!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I play only NL Holdem.
Somehow I tried to play Omaha, but I did not like it.
Maybe, because I lost a small amount of money.
Nevertheless, at this time I prefer Holdem.
Good luck.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's always a moot point. Who better plays in Omaha, who the better plays in hold'em.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It's a matter of taste. I personally do not like Omaha, I prefer Hold'em.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me they are two different modalities many times the omaha is more aggressive than the holdem and as I always say a hand is not defined until the river generally ... I usually play it in cash tournaments I do not do well but cash zoom soil add something.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are some people that only play omaha or stud,they don't like holdem(I don't know why) my grandmother for example;only plays omaha when we get united on the weekends.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be good fun

for the advanced bored hold'em player

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly play NLHE, but PLO can be fun. I do not see much NLO, so I have limited experience with it.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both, it's subjective though, as all "better" things are. As far as Omaha goes, I actually like pot limit better than no limit, and I'm not a big fan of limit games. I just think it suits that game better.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone chooses what suits him to play,I only play limit hold'em...

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play cash games only in Omaha, and in tournaments I play only in Hold'em, I like Omaha in it, you can quickly collect combinations to win, but many players do not like and they prefer to play Hold'em, but in Omaha there are many situations when the combination I have an excellent but the last card the player gets even better combination, in Omaha you need to play carefully because it happens
very much a substitute!

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone can have different preferences ... that's what makes 'choice' so appealing. I prefer 7 card stud, but I'll still play other games. Variance seems higher in NLO but I don't have 'facts' to base that on. Only what I see from playing.

T

tgeezee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is always pot limit ? ? NL would be one nasty game like NL 7-2 single draw

I've seen lots of NL Hi/Lo Omaha running on pkr stars

it works better for a split game imo

you will hear bingo in the chat a lot but its the guy who wants to call some JJ92 crying

enjoy the pain

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha, Omaha Hi Lo and others are a nice variant of poker . Many players prefer this variant because they have more chance to complete their games and can split the money reason why they don't lose all the money in one hand . On the other hand , No limit Texas Hold'em is the Cadillac of all variants of poker. This variant is full of pure adrenaline since you can win or lose it all in one hand.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me Holdem is more fun to play than Omaha, everyone does have something one likes more than the other.

C

cessam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me there is no better game that no limit holdhem.
No limit Ohama is more complicated and i never play it because it's so hard.

L

LeX72rus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, hold'em is better, at least I'm more good at playing it

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I've played several Omaha games, but now only NLH

invisible10

invisible10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a matter of taste but for me the less decisions you have to make, it takes away the challenging aspect of the game but sure if it makes you money go for it :icon_rr:

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules