"Nice Hand", "Thanks!"

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better not to say anything. It distracts from the game.

AKApokeruga

AKApokeruga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So many poker player say "Good Hand" after they are getting beaten and the response to it is always "Thanks". Why do they say thanks? Its not like they have done something to get this good hand... Can someone explain please?
Sometimes @good hand@ meant to be @good play@. Player who said this posiibly meant that he not expected exactly this hand with kind of play of this one who had it.
BUT
It's often just words of these ones who are lost cause of bad decisions - not cause of good decisions of the opponent. And @thank you@ meant just politeness of another one. They just say @thank you@ cause of thay taken an compliment.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with youIcant say bravo if for exampleI have AA,and someone baet me with A3 or similiar it is very stress for you than....

AKApokeruga

AKApokeruga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with youIcant say bravo if for exampleI have AA,and someone baet me with A3 or similiar it is very stress for you than....

So you write such text just to hide your emotions from this guy who won you?)

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its courtesy, we should of learned as kids!!

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look, about "thank you" I agree with most here, it's automatic. But I think a lot of people say "nice hand" with different intentions .... some with anger or frustration; Others congratulate; And other mocking, for the absurdly stupid play ... but ultimately, it pays to be courteous and thankful!

Nice topic!

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its mostly just common curiosity and respect for your opponents. Also a lot of people were taught at a young age to respond to a complement with Thank You.

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I apologize when I delete someone, but that ugly when they eliminate us and with letters that no chances of winning had when I started the flop and no apologies to **** you laugh jajajja

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People say thanks as a courtesy, but really what else can you say? You could go into a rant at how it's the site's RNG that generated that nice hand, so any thanks should be directed it's way. Or you could take it as a compliment to your stellar play and you are justified in thanking that person for recognizing your talents. But, really, just thanks is good enough.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Better to write nothing when you dont know with whom are you playing, no matter you win or lost your KK to 55. Can chatting online only with people i know a little, any other chat is unnecessary. For sure that 'nh' is not what we really want to say

D3STR0Y3RaJ

D3STR0Y3RaJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday i was beaten by 87 when i had AA.
I was on SB course im 3 bet preflop 3 calls.
Flop:K72r.Pot:1480
I had 672 chips and im going all in,UTG call MP1 call,MP2 fold,
Turn:7,UTG bet 1/2 pot,MP1 fold
River:Q
My hand:AA
UTG:87o
I love PS and guya who call 3 bet preflop with 87 on UTG position.OMFG.

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's more obvious that it's a courtesy, education, but maybe I'm more in agreement with onondaga, maybe it's better not to say anything, maybe it's the most correct sometimes, beyond all the software decides which is the best hand more when this In front of the minnows, above all, you have to be a good winner and even a better loser

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly maybe not all apologize or say good hand, good play, etc, but sometimes when they see the fish go to an all in with hands rubbish against hands like kk, AA, QQ and lose I do not see anyone say good hand or well played Etc. hahaha

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to say sarcastically it when someone makes a ridiculous call and donks out.

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello community good to all, I think the great majority says it sarcastically, but well many are sent the part I am honest, I say it with feeling if the person with us if there were some talks maybe on the table and a small link was created , If not a farewell and nothing else

G

Guiguero

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, i think there are some situations:

1- For example when you win one all-in with AA or KK in your hand. Here say good hand and thank you has no meaning

2- When you win a good hand because you play well: you raise in the right moment, you call in the right moment, etc.

In the second situation I think say "good hand" is correct

H

Haanski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is really just being polite don't need to over think it too much

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i rarely say 'nh'
only in split pots as a bad attempt at humour....

if i think a player played the hand well i say 'well played'

if someone says to me 'nh' i just smiley face if the cards played themselves

if someone is trying to get a rise out me by insulting me, i will say 'ty'

i try not to engage in smack talk.... surest way to jinx yourself

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, this community is clear, that is courtesy, I always do it if the opponent plays his hand well, with high cards, or connectors if his BB allows to pay the bet, whether won or lost, good hands well played can be given both forms

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But beyond all, it is based on each one, there are people who do not even flinch at a table, education is based on what one believes correct in their way of understanding it, beyond everything is a condition of each person , And beyond everything is a game, I do not think everyone believes that it is a way of relating to poker, it is up to each one to create, different points of view and ways of thinking, each one has his own, Debating on the subject if of course, but to impose on what the game is like or what one should do or say as it is there it does not seem to me, I hope I express there correctly greetings to all community

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When someone says "nice hand" to me after I win, I usually reply with "I indeed rule." Something like that.

Is that smug? Maybe. But there's a good chance that they are being sarcastic, or they're an idiot, or they are checking to see if I'm a bot.

D

dznootz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo it's not worth talking at all. I simply play my poker and keep my mouth shut. Most people aren't worth the time to even remark to live or online.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you may be over thinking this.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands