Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Firstly, I am not eloquent in the English language, so do not take my language mistakes for my attention. One day, a debate between players, one of whom said "nice hand."Someone answered him: did not i get confused as to which one was correct, and I looked at how to know nice or great hand, but I did not find specific criteria, so what is your saying?:cool:

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Nice hand is usually said to the winner of the hand in question. How good or bad the player's cards actually were is more or less irrelevant. It is mainly a figure of speech, and it can be used also as psycholocigal trick to compliment your opponent even when his play was not optimal, and by doing so to encourage him to make such mistakes also in the future.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, I am not eloquent in the English language, so do not take my language mistakes for my attention. One day, a debate between players, one of whom said "nice hand."Someone answered him: did not i get confused as to which one was correct, and I looked at how to know nice or great hand, but I did not find specific criteria, so what is your saying?:cool:

That can have a double meaning. Though I find it often signifies sarcasm, especially when someone says it after receiving a bad beat. I usually don't chat anyways during hands, but I limit myself to saying nice hand when someone has quads or better. Therefore, I always mean it and it can't be misconstrued.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am not saying anything. I prefer to focus on the game.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not saying anything. I prefer to focus on the game.
typing 'nh' takes that much away from your focus? i imagine you wear noise cancelling headphones and sunglasses when you play to not risk any outside distractions affecting your deep concentration.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i say 'nh' with sincerity whenever i get beat. i'm not necessarily saying i think they had an amazing hand or played it very well, but more like i'm congratulating them on the win. if someone corrects me, saying it wasn't a nice hand, i just say 'it beat my hand, it's nice enough'. and if it's an actual nice hand, they get a 'wow vnh' from me.

i just like being kind at the tables. i play microstakes, it's not that serious if i lose to a bad player with a bad hand. for all i know, they could just be a really bad player or really new player. and i like to put myself in their shoes because i've been there as a new/bad player when i first started. and after years of playing, learning, and improving, i'm no longer a new/bad player, i'm just a bad player. so, i understand what it's like to make mistakes when you play. nobody needs any hateful words for making mistakes in the micros, so i project kindness. being 'kind' is part of my late stage motto:

"be kind, steal blinds."

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The saying nice hand is usually used when someone wins a hand with a nice hand, example:quads.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think for each player "nice hand" are his/her own hands implied.

For me: 4J, 8A, 92 give me Full House usually and 33 gives triple)

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never said nice hand and think it is sarcasm a lot.:):):)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think there are no specific criteria for good hands !!! In my understanding, this is rather just a term than something specific !!!

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think there are no specific criteria for good hands !!! In my understanding, this is rather just a term than something specific !!!
So this term is a term given to a specific concept to signify it by agreement between the players, but in our case they did not agree

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont chat but nice hand might be winning hand and great hand might be winning hand which takes big quantity of chips

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NH - nice hand = premium wining combination... for example straight flush, poker... etc, it usually doesn't matter what the player's hand is. For example: you can win straight flush with 2 6 in colour, and 2 6 isn't premium hand.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As several people have said before in this post - 'nh' is simply congratulating the player for winning the hand. If I am the person they beat, then obviously the hand was nicer than mine. If I was not in the hand, then I might say it if the hand was a monster.
Most often I don't bother commenting on hands.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
typing 'nh' takes that much away from your focus? i imagine you wear noise cancelling headphones and sunglasses when you play to not risk any outside distractions affecting your deep concentration.

no, it won't take much attention but i don't consider it necessary.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

When someone at your table wins a large hand , makes a gutsy call or pulls a rabbit out of the hat, some other players will post nh, or nice or nice hand complementing the winner. It is just a friendly salutation at the table.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can also be 100% off context and they are referring to the physical hands.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So this term is a term given to a specific concept to signify it by agreement between the players, but in our case they did not agree

There is a big difference between the starting hand and the (finished combination) - that is, the finished hand !!! For example, the best starting hand is AA, and the finished hand is a combination of five cards !!! 23 If you manage to build a street, it is obvious that 23 (45A) turned out to be a better hand (i.e. a ready-made combination) than AA (A), but AA was the best starting hand and a good combination !!!

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he may have actually praised or he may have been ironic. :]

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love nice hands. Many times i have AA or some good cards, but i love winni g with hmm oets say 4 5 ♧ colour. I will rather go all in 4 5 ♧ then AA.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
he may have actually praised or he may have been ironic. :]
An acceptable view, which is the truth, either praising or sarcastic, and for this we find pleasure in playing poker

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice hand is, often, a sarcastic reaction to a player winning a pot despite making a bet, play, that was statistically and strategically incorrect. It's akin to the expression "It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy."

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most players say this to needle another player, like nh when someone calls a big raise with 94 and hits 44 and cracks your aces your thinking nh you donkey,I don't think its meant as a compliment:eek:

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be a compliment, an insult, or simply a resigned "yea, I lost" or maybe something else...??

I do like to say this to players who play trash and hit. I believe I would actually be seen as sincere....

Cause, hey, what can you do?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands