NEW WSOP music and Visuals;Do you like it? Vote now.

Do you like the new changes to the WSOP broadcast?

• I like the new music better than the old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like both the new and the old together

• No opinion either way on the music

• No opinion either way on the visuals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, by now I am sure you have all noticed the changes to the wsop broadcasts.

The musical wind instrument refrain has largely been replaced with some other, ahem, music; with vocals, no less. They still do use the original score within the broadcast however, so it is not gone completely.

IMO, I understand the need to keep up with the times, but man! It's like having your car horn replaced by some weenie's voice saying "Look Out" instead, lol. I just always associated that original score with the WSOP and would like it to come back. It always clearly said "the WSOP is on, here and now!" As far as the new song, it's just lacking in fortitude, IMHO. It is a little girly, not that that is a bad thing in and of itself

Now, the second thing that has seen a major overhaul are the visuals; they are mixing old photos of past champions with pictures of new ones. I really have mixed feelings about this. I know it is supposed to "link" the history of the WSOP, but seriously; do we really need to see Phil Hellmuth's jack-azz grin (sorry, my opinion, I actually like the guy nonetheless) sitting next to Doyle Brunson in 1977? I mean, they are both champions and legends in there own right. Why not a black and white into color over the years? Why not bring in some CGI and really spice it up?

Plus, the quality is just horrible. I think my kid could have done better with photoshop. It just looks slapped together, so they can be done with it. Using todays technology, they should have been able to do better, IMO. In the end, I will still watch, as I don't care if they play Madonna music and change to pink elephants flying around instead of chips.

So, what do you think about these changes? I will include a simple poll above, but lets sound off on this! :tee:

WSOP