New Rules

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm tired of losing hands that would have won if only we could use 6 or 7 cards. So from now on we can use more than 5 at the showdown.

Here are the the new types of hands we can use:

1. 3 pairs
Have you ever had this but they were lower than the top pair? I get this several times every single day. Well now I'lll win it.

2. Longer straight
You have a 6 card straight but someone else has a higher card? Well now you'll win it.

3. Very Long Straight
You have a 7 card straight, e.g. A-7 or 8-A or anywhere in between. Well now you'll win it. (This also works with a Straight Flush and a Royal Flush). It is now possible to have 5 and 10 in a straight.

4. Big Flush
You have 6 cards all of the same suit but maybe low cards in the pocket. Very likely no one else does. Well now you'll win it.

5. Biggest Flush
With 7 cards all the same suit no one can possibly beat you. Well now you'll win it.

6. The Big Boat
This is a set with another 3 of a kind. For example, Aces full of Kings full of Aces (AAAKKK) or Deuces full of Threes full of Deuces (222333). Beats a regular Boat. I get this a couple times a day.

7. The Yacht
This is Four of a Kind full of Three of a kind. I have actually had this several times but lost. :-( Well now I'll win it.

I know this will never happen but it's wishful thinking.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your proposal messes up the whole game because your combinations consist of more than 5 cards.
It is a mathematical unfairness that in some cases a player shows results from the combination of 5 cards but sometimes - of 6 or more cards.

Everybody has to have the same rules. If 6 card combination could count, then a player that has 2 pairs just HAVE to look upon the 2 kickers he has. That is a different game.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like a plan. Just don't invite me too any of you're home games.

B_D_Cout

B_D_Cout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you need to find a game of 5 card stud to make things less complicated.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't change the POKER, that's fine. I only propose that the stairs continue with the example of K, Ace, 2, 3 and 4.

Poker Rules - Poker Games