Never Be Overly Confident

M

Mattyice1478

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's a hand that you've played that you were almost positive you had in the bag, only to see your opponent flip something better. I had A3c live and flopped a flush draw. Turn was blank and it went check check. River was 9c so I was very happy to see that. He goes all in and I call, and he flips a 9-K straight flush, I wasn't ready for that.

Another time I had QQ with a K55 flop. Check check, turn a Q which also completed a flush and he bets. I raise and he jams, shows KK. Can't win em all!!! Even when you couldn't be more confident.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My guess is you have little to worry about in the over confidence department if you are going to play sooooooooooooooooted A rag very often. ;)

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My list of frustrations is big, but I try not to bet too much when I'm not nuts.
I try to regulate my bets to absorb the maximum of chips without putting my bank at risk.
Even so those bad beats drive me crazy. :S

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to me too confident online equals pushing when you can only lose to a two out on the river,gets me everytime when deep.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this can happen a lot when someone flops a set

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I do not think that it is being committed or is simply not the variance if you have discipline and respect the game concepts have long-term good results

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been caught a few times on similar hands to your full house. Each time the person had a lower pocket pair than kings though.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I think it's important to know who you're playing against, what their value ranges and bluff capabilities are and to take your time making a sound decision. Pay attention to how they are checking or calling your bets to see if they are setting a trap. Analyze all the possibilities before snap calling or shoving.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, the bad beats are part of the game you must know who you are playing and do your movements well in the pre, post, river and turn, to try to avoid them but unfortunately they will happen anyway, you just have turn the page (which is quite difficult I know) and keep playing

R1temp

R1temp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such situations happen. There's no getting around it. We must overcome ourselves and move on.

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is terrible advice. Think about this advice in the context of life and not just poker.

It is SO important to REMAIN CONFIDENT. Appreciate the lessons but stay brave, confident and **** even a little ****y. Don't be scared.

Don't let a hand disappoint you and then travel into yourself and say oh maybe its because of this and this and that. Thats what most people do... They judge others and themselves man. They grasp at anything to hate about something because they hate themselves.

Stay confident. Bad beats happen. Give a little smile of approval and on to the next hand mate.

Enjoy your card games.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's a hand that you've played that you were almost positive you had in the bag, only to see your opponent flip something better. I had A3c live and flopped a flush draw. Turn was blank and it went check check. River was 9c so I was very happy to see that. He goes all in and I call, and he flips a 9-K straight flush, I wasn't ready for that.

Another time I had QQ with a K55 flop. Check check, turn a Q which also completed a flush and he bets. I raise and he jams, shows KK. Can't win em all!!! Even when you couldn't be more confident.

Crushing every hand, was in 1st place all the way down the bubble til just before the cutoff.

Short stack shoves all in, I had K overcard in big blind and 20x their stack. So I called knowing I was probably against an Ax or so, still a decent toss up for minimal risk on my part.

They show AA's. I said "ok, no biggie!" he got some good luck there just in time before being blinded out.

Then the next hand came, and I made a HORRIBLY -EV decision to shove with pocket 6's from UTG when the tournament was 1 from ITM. And what do you know? Called by AA's. Two hands in a row! Gotta love that! I totally deserve it 100% and just laughed because that is what happens when you don't make educated, strategical decisions, but rather just act on random impulse.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Progress is difficult. This may be even more true when it comes to poker. In order to climb the ladder of poker, it will take patience, determination and the rare quality to continue to believe in bad situations. All poker players know that anyone can win in the short term, but that it is in the long term that we measure the big players. All experience is good to take take if you lose a hand while you thought to be in front or because you were too confident is not a problem if you learn from your mistakes by avoiding repeating them.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice post, agreed on over confident and the trap you get trapped into lol, I had one just yesterday first hand spin n go on stars, pocket 10s flop king 10, I'd RR it pre flp villian had called, I RR a little he RR me and guess the dual was trips v trips nice to play somebody with a little skill in removing funds from the pocket over a simple ram and hope.

online flop don't allow you to build confidence sadly

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some hands play themselves.
Pre-flop selection can minimize exposure.
In perspective, who folds the ace high flush because a person can possibly have a straight flush. Not often.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aa

AA is around 50 percent for me but seem to get me every time. Usual set up is ak or aq. Flop comes out I hit both cards. I bet if they raise I'll i keep raising until is all in. This has happen five times in the last five days. Funny how I hit so well every time there's a over pair. Usually I'll go 20-30 hands waiting for good cards. I just find it funny when I hit cards someone else his better. UnLuckiest guy in the world.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had Queens Full and lost to a runner-runner straight-flush a few years back.

skaniol

skaniol

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
^ Now imagine how rare that is. It's just a cooler. Move on. Do you have to be less confident next time? No. In Texas Hold'em, rarely the winning hand is the best possible hand on the given board. Now If it was Omaha, I'd be less confident when I don't hold the nuts.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was recently in a cache on the high stakes lost confident in his victory . I have AA on the a-K-K turn and river 7-2 flop ...K-K's opponent ..I do not know ,in live poker with me this did not happen but in the online constantly ,terrible losses . The statement is correct . Never be sure of your victory.:)

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I've played Sunday Storm at PS and was watching NL5K cash table... There was a huge 3bet preflop, flop comes as K K J, both of the players doubled the pot, turn card is Ace, both played check/check, river card is another J.
SO the community cards are K K J A J, It's a possible straight, possible flushm possible full house, possible straigh flush and possible royal.. The first player has spent all of his timer and went all-in the other one instantly calls, first one opens quad kings, the other one shows QhTh and has a royal flush. $12K pot.

There was a break in the Sunday Storm and I went to the kitchen, when I came back there was action at my table, one guy did 3bet on some struddle, the guy behind him did a 4bet. I had a cup of tea and some food in my hands and it was my time to act there, the timer was almost down to additional seconds and I wanted to save this minute for later, so I placed the cup of tea at the table too fast some of the tea from the cup flied directly to the wireless keyboard, I was so upset that I hit "Call" button instead of the "Fold" button and haven't paid attention to this cause I went back to the kitchen to bring the towels. When I was at the kitchen I've heard a attention sound that it's my turn to act. I run back and what do I see? I see a flop 9 9 9, and I see that I've called 30% of my stack preflop with 5-9os. I didn't fold it.... Quads on flop and one of the opponents already placed 50% of pet, the other one have called it and it was my turn to act, I called... Turn card was K, river card was 2. We went all-in on the river, all 3 of us...One of them had full house with AK, the other one had full house with AA, I had quads.
My stack was big enough at this moment to enter the money and go very deep in the money... I could simply close the window and win $50 or more, but I've played. Decided to play KK-AA only. Limped QQ and JJ several times and folded, finally I get AA. Several players limp, one makes struddle, I decided to go all-in to freeze out most of the players and play heads up vs one opponent. It happened, and opponent has AKos!!! Yeppie? The flop comes diamonds diamonds diamonds, turn card is diamonds, river card is more diamonds... My aces are Clubs and Hearts. Opponents Ace is diamonds. 40 minutes later just before the money I get KK, all-in vs the chipleader of the table and he shoves with AQs, blank blank blank, turn another blank and the river is Ace... bye bye Sunday Storm. I wouldn't be very upset about it cause I've got this Sunday Storm ticket from 33cent satellite, but I was really upset. 10K starting stack, I had more than 300K stack and went out right before the money. LOL? The worst part of it is that my brother was laso playing that Sunday Storm, and he plays together with friends at his house, we live in the same city... and he was watching my game together with crowd behind him who watched him playing sunday million and storm... I went out of SS 12-15 minutes before the money and I had a call about 20 minutes after I went out, one of our friends who stayed at brothers house called me and said that they can't stop laughing at me )))))))) built a 300K stack with 9-5os and lost it all with AA and KK. By the way it was the day when Sunday million had 5 or 10 millions guaranteed, and sunday storm had 1 million guaranteed. I had no luck in qualifying for the Millioon, but my brother did and he spent like $5 for both of the tourneys, was in top 300 of the Sunday Storm, he played like a bubble boy during the whole tourney.

That's poker.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've played Sunday Storm at PS and was watching NL5K cash table... There was a huge 3bet preflop, flop comes as K K J, both of the players doubled the pot, turn card is Ace, both played check/check, river card is another J.
SO the community cards are K K J A J, It's a possible straight, possible flushm possible full house, possible straigh flush and possible royal.. The first player has spent all of his timer and went all-in the other one instantly calls, first one opens quad kings, the other one shows QhTh and has a royal flush. $12K pot.

There was a break in the Sunday Storm and I went to the kitchen, when I came back there was action at my table, one guy did 3bet on some struddle, the guy behind him did a 4bet. I had a cup of tea and some food in my hands and it was my time to act there, the timer was almost down to additional seconds and I wanted to save this minute for later, so I placed the cup of tea at the table too fast some of the tea from the cup flied directly to the wireless keyboard, I was so upset that I hit "Call" button instead of the "Fold" button and haven't paid attention to this cause I went back to the kitchen to bring the towels. When I was at the kitchen I've heard a attention sound that it's my turn to act. I run back and what do I see? I see a flop 9 9 9, and I see that I've called 30% of my stack preflop with 5-9os. I didn't fold it.... Quads on flop and one of the opponents already placed 50% of pet, the other one have called it and it was my turn to act, I called... Turn card was K, river card was 2. We went all-in on the river, all 3 of us...One of them had full house with AK, the other one had full house with AA, I had quads.
My stack was big enough at this moment to enter the money and go very deep in the money... I could simply close the window and win $50 or more, but I've played. Decided to play KK-AA only. Limped QQ and JJ several times and folded, finally I get AA. Several players limp, one makes struddle, I decided to go all-in to freeze out most of the players and play heads up vs one opponent. It happened, and opponent has AKos!!! Yeppie? The flop comes diamonds diamonds diamonds, turn card is diamonds, river card is more diamonds... My aces are Clubs and Hearts. Opponents Ace is diamonds. 40 minutes later just before the money I get KK, all-in vs the chipleader of the table and he shoves with AQs, blank blank blank, turn another blank and the river is Ace... bye bye Sunday Storm. I wouldn't be very upset about it cause I've got this Sunday Storm ticket from 33cent satellite, but I was really upset. 10K starting stack, I had more than 300K stack and went out right before the money. LOL? The worst part of it is that my brother was laso playing that Sunday Storm, and he plays together with friends at his house, we live in the same city... and he was watching my game together with crowd behind him who watched him playing sunday million and storm... I went out of SS 12-15 minutes before the money and I had a call about 20 minutes after I went out, one of our friends who stayed at brothers house called me and said that they can't stop laughing at me )))))))) built a 300K stack with 9-5os and lost it all with AA and KK. By the way it was the day when Sunday million had 5 or 10 millions guaranteed, and sunday storm had 1 million guaranteed. I had no luck in qualifying for the Millioon, but my brother did and he spent like $5 for both of the tourneys, was in top 300 of the Sunday Storm, he played like a bubble boy during the whole tourney.

That's Pokerstars.

Fixed that for you there mate.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first year of the game I read about variance but I experienced badbeats emotionally. I think that every poker player who is serious about the game must play enough hands to stop taking the variance.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Poker has many fluctuations and rebounds, and this is natural. This happens because poker is maths largely. Keep a record of your actions and study it often. It is basic for understanding what is goining on!

Xesh

Xesh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost a lot because of that. need to confident in his victory

J

JekinTar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

do not worry, and analyze your players and all sorts of combinations. I never go all-in unless I'm 100% sure. Your Bank needs to be controlled wisely.