Nerves in poker

3duvel

3duvel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Something that affects us all in poker are the nerves would like to know what do you normally do in the face of nervous situations in poker ?, so that it does not affect your game.

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, that varies from each player. It has a situation of bluffs that make me tense.

I like to listen to music to relax.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think it's normal but I channel everything playing with the chips when I'm live and online I'm a dilemma because it depends on the situation but I cover the letters that come with my fingers I stop seeing a lot of irreverent things jajajaa I love the poker and the emotions it causes luck and greetings:playingba:five::heeeellll:saint:

Last edited:
wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker online and I need to play without anyone being close, because on bad beat days I confess, I know it's wrong, but unfortunately I can not control my nervous state, I'm fighting against my mistake, but unfortunately I scream in words of low slang, which does not happen to mention here. Plus my nervous state gets furious on days of bad beat and days that I do not hit anything on the board.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I couldn't get my nerves in order yet . music seems to help sometimes.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to be calm and it often helps to rise higher in the game after the fall.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We should behave in the same way when we're on the other side, this is part of the game ups and downs, take a break and gl

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker online and I need to play without anyone being close, because on bad beat days I confess, I know it's wrong, but unfortunately I can not control my nervous state, I'm fighting against my mistake, but unfortunately I scream in words of low slang, which does not happen to mention here. Plus my nervous state gets furious on days of bad beat and days that I do not hit anything on the board.

I feel the same for this reason only online game, I do not feel prepared to play live.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
travels are everywhere my dear friend, you need to be able to cope with tilt, brace bro.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker only when I have a good mood.
If I am very emotional, I take a break for several hours or even for several days. In my opinion, it is not possible to combine emotions and a successful game.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i get nervous i try and just focus on the hand and the basics. talk myself through what their position is, what their range is, how they've played previous. i then look at my range and in the end i try and picture a time i watched someone like daniel negranu and try and think like them, and loose haha

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to give you some advice as this is my problem to actually every time I get a suck out or lose in some big spot in a tourney I end up playing so bad I just end up trowing my chips on all the other tables if I have any other ones open.
Its though tho , but that what makes the difference on the winning and loosing players I think , as they can overcome bad beats or variance , with self discipline .
My best advice tho is to stop playing for a few hours or the day when you get tilted
this way you save yourself a lot of $ and maybe your banckroll to .

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take a moment if you're not in the mood

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are simple rules: you need to understand that poker is just a game. Good, interesting, but only game. There are more important things in life. Do not play all your money at once. Give the game only your free time, and not the time when you need to do other important things. If you follow these rules, you will be less nervous about the game.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep my mind focused. I look for patterns in the play of my opponents. Depending on the patterns and the bets that are played before dictates to me which play I will make.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to take it easy, although there are moments when I'm very angry, but poker is a game in which there is no place for emotions. Today you lose, and tomorrow you win.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any emotions during the game are disastrous. even if everything goes very well.
nerve emotion control is part of self-discipline

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a great question!

But why are you nervous? Worried about losing your stack of chips? Then maybe you are playing too high a limit.

Meditation could help - chamomile tea can help - it's up to your to find why you are nervous and what works for you.

Good luck !

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a great question!

But why are you nervous? Worried about losing your stack of chips? Then maybe you are playing too high a limit.

Meditation could help - chamomile tea can help - it's up to your to find why you are nervous and what works for you.

Good luck !
good advice. but I sometimes need to drink something for the heart when everything goes wrong[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have nerves when I fly out of the tournament in front of the prize zone or do not get to the final table, and so I play calmly and do not be nervous if my card plays well then it’s super, and if the card plays me badly then I’m just unlucky in this game!

3duvel

3duvel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

What I do to relax is to play Games like Gta, Pubg, or any action game that distracts me and free me from the accumulated tension when I play a lot of time, or I lose a lot of money

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not to enter into crisis I left the computer, I take a water and I think is the mathematics most part of the game lose AA X KK, who hit K on the flop, not easy, but we need to focus on the game and play ..

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really it's about consciousness--what is making me nervous?

I love the new brand of poker players who are trying to go more into mindfulness, meditation, and consciousness as methods for improving poker play.

Charlie Carrel and Justin Bonomo are like this.

I think a whole new breed of human is arising and this human will have super-human poker playing abilities. :)

Me?

I get very nervous live. I have breathing exercises. Sometimes I do neck rolls. I also try to think about what is making me nervous?

My judgmental overly religious and moral upbringing?

Not knowing how to act in a mostly male group? (Grew up with only women at home).

Other psychological issues?

I seriously am thinking and am going to write a lot more about this soon...Thanks for starting the thread.