Negreanu isn't fake

K

Kwinn1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say I liked him before when he had a squeaky clean image. Now I think I'm doubling down on that... Some ranting but really solid poker advice.

Last edited:
D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Maybe you should check out the News section where Negreanu is ranting and threatening someone who made the wrong comment in his feed. He's vulgar.

My personal complaint however is his hypocrisy. After last years wsop rebuying/reentry fiasco, he started pretending he was for 'freeze outs' - literally that was his GG poker stance. Of course as soon as the online WSOP starts he's back to re-entering right left and center.

But as I said, go to the news section and watch his foul rant. There is irony here also, as Negreanu has threatened someone in precisely the same manner with exactly the same words as Mike Matusow did the other day...when everyone said that Matusow was experience mental problems.

Not sure what Negreanus excuse is.

K

Kwinn1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll have to check it out. I was also trying to say that he has no filter and he seems comfortable enough in his home to say what he wants. Sometimes his jokes are out there. I was Curious if others were as surprised as I was about the swearing. It is poker

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'll have to check it out. I was also trying to say that he has no filter and he seems comfortable enough in his home to say what he wants. Sometimes his jokes are out there. I was Curious if others were as surprised as I was about the swearing. It is poker

Negreanu has always had an odd undercurrent to his personna but yes, you are right, these online hour long WSOP streams have been riddled with a lot of profanity. So yeah check the News Forum link...

By the by, after the rant he felt fit and amused to brag about it on Twitter which seems like the second tasteless act of the night.

All that said, if looking for a very funny minute or so, Doug Polk has spoof video up splicing some of Negreanu WSOP 'moments' together for his Masterclass. It's hilarious.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to say I liked him before when he had a squeaky clean image. Now I think I'm doubling down on that... Some ranting but really solid poker advice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6IaswMGTdw

Hey, cool! I watched that stream live :) I like his solid poker advice too - he may very well be my favorite poker player.

You know, I was a little bit, but not a ton. Personally, I usually don't swear at all and I like it when players like Joe Hachem show class. With this said, swearing isn't something I usually do, but it may or may not really bother me based on the context. Some of his jokes are a bit too far (and others I enjoy hearing), but he isn't swearing out of insulting anyone. Some players like Matusow (did I spell that right?) swear left and right. When was the last time Hellmuth called someone an "F***ing idiot" or something?

I am not saying it is right, but different people are different people; with this said, I think players like Negreanu or Hellmuth would do more for their status as ambassadors of the game if they didn't swear and kept their composure better. Granted, I am not playing high stakes poker for real money - but I try to keep my class when I play poker. Not saying it is an excuse, but I'm sure emotions are more volatile when you are playing with lots of money and so I'd imagine swearing is fairly common as poker is an emotional game.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
d negs certainly no classy poker ambassador

just another grumpy ( but smart ) player pursuing his own best interests .

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe you should check out the News section where Negreanu is ranting and threatening someone who made the wrong comment in his feed. He's vulgar.

My personal complaint however is his hypocrisy. After last years WSOP rebuying/reentry fiasco, he started pretending he was for 'freeze outs' - literally that was his GG poker stance. Of course as soon as the online WSOP starts he's back to re-entering right left and center.

But as I said, go to the news section and watch his foul rant. There is irony here also, as Negreanu has threatened someone in precisely the same manner with exactly the same words as Mike Matusow did the other day...when everyone said that Matusow was experience mental problems.

Not sure what Negreanus excuse is.

Maybe it's the 'supplements'.... testosterone-raging while being all pumped up (< spoken like an Arnold from the mid-70's)
Yes for sure he is a huge hypocrite.

By the by, after the rant he felt fit and amused to brag about it on Twitter which seems like the second tasteless act of the night.

All that said, if looking for a very funny minute or so, Doug Polk has spoof video up splicing some of Negreanu WSOP 'moments' together for his Masterclass. It's hilarious.

agreed.

Do you have a link to Doug's vid.?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
nevermind... I found it LOL

D

DeuceParade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is very unstable and easily triggered. If this happens on camera with hundreds of people watching, imagine what happens off camera. His dogs reactions seem to indicate this happens frequently. Maybe not the golden boy TV portrayed him to be. Everyone has a dark side I suppose.

Last edited:
S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe he's doing a Mayweather inspired transition from 'pretty boy' to bad boy :D

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Daniel, and guys like Mike The Mouth and Mr 14 bracelets make the game fun.
Without them poker would be just another mechanical, silent drag that people weren't attracted to.
Big sports have become so same old same old where people must behave "professionally", that the have lost their attraction.
Overpaid guys doing what is politically correct, never stepping out of line fearing if they do, the trolls will jump all over them and ruin their careers.

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting Trolled happens. When they do this to a family member I would also get mad.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to say I liked him before when he had a squeaky clean image. Now I think I'm doubling down on that... Some ranting but really solid poker advice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6IaswMGTdw
Remember that Negreanu is a high-level poker player, and if he is attacked or challenged in the game as in life he has to defend himself with the same weapons that his opponents use, nobody is a saint, who casts the first stone who be free from sin.:cool:

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the odds all of this just a set up by them

D

DeuceParade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the odds all of this just a set up by them

Nah, they genuinely hate each other. I'm not sure why Daniel agreed to even do this. He has already resigned to the fact that he has no chance, and says a win for him will just be "at least making it close". Furthermore, playing Doug does three things that are terrible for Daniel and great for Doug:

1) Gives more attention to Doug, which is exactly what he wants. He will make a bunch of videos about the challenge and resuscitate his Youtube channel.
2) If he thinks the non-stop ribbing from Doug was bad before, Does he really think losing a heads-up match to him will make it less, or stop completely??
3) He's going to give Doug a lot of money, and Doug will hold that over him forever.

This is a completely nonsensical move for Daniel, and I expect him to either back out of it, or buy out Doug after a few thousand hands citing that he doesn't have the time to finish it.

He's also going to get trolled by Doug and ridiculed non-stop on the live streams. How many times will the action be paused so Doug can take a big bite of steak in the middle of the match? We've seen how Daniel can tilt while playing online, so how long before he's kicking his dogs and throwing stuff? This whole event could be the beginning of the end for Daniel's image.

bad-decision-red-rubber-stamp-260nw-251560384.jpg

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No revelation for me, I expected something like that from Daniel. Can't hate him for swearing, I understand his feelings and emotions.

C

Csharp123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negranu isn't fake

We all have our flawes like they say nobody's perfect.