Need Help Remembering a Pro's Name

F

feralmitch

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this pro-player on wsop episode. He was homeless for sometime before poker put money into his pockets. He said that he learned to play good poker the hard way by losing a million pennys playing penny poker on the street. He had a very brash style and did a lot of things I don't see many others do at tournement poker...one of which was raising before the pocket cards were all dealt out when he was first to act. He could really put some players on tilt and had a good ability to read people.
Thank You for your help.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, he's crazy. But going back to the OP....there are a lot of poker players that have been "homeless" at one point or another in their life, even poker pros. Many times before they became smart about how to manage their money they would blow it all away in one night. Hear these stories all of the time(hence the stress so much on using proper bankroll management.)

F

feralmitch

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TY all very much. This is him,lol. the "Stick's Poker Blog" puts a light on Mr.Powers that I hope to never see. I had forgotten the caliber of the pros seated at this WSOP table Ellix was at... and didn't even know who McManus was at the time; it was a tense and tilted table thanks to Ellix's play style and it still amazes me. The street and prison tend to force people into a very different way of seeing and living life. Maybe Ellix should start a "Tilt" Poker Training Class to pad his bankroll. Amazing Man and Poker Player. It was only a 150000 pennys he lost to learn how to play poker,lmao, that was cheap to learn to play.
Now I can study the above Video clips to try to get a handle on this type of table style; plus, keep track of him and what he is up to. What a player.

Last edited: