Multitabling query!!

S

spunk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everybody,
Whenever i do multitabling in cash games , my focus is always diverted thus lose money.
Can you recommend something, shall i only focus on 1-2 tables at a time.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everybody,
Whenever i do multitabling in cash games , my focus is always diverted thus lose money.

Hellooo,
I can recommend using macros (hotkeys) for raise/call/fold. Also a faster mouse speed.
But most importantly is a solid understanding of decision making and bet/raise sizes in common spots. Including presetting your preflop and post-flop bet sizes.
If you are comfortable on 2 tables, play 2. Once you're comfortable with 2: play 3, and so forth.

I only begin the day with 1 table anyway, until I'm more in the swing of things.

As you already see, playing more tables is not always more profitable. Focus on profit and not so much on volume.
Also don't forget to take a break and review any tricky spots you had. Then see what you could of done better, so you can make a better/faster decision next time.
That's what I think anyway ^^

S

spunk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellooo,
I can recommend using macros (hotkeys) for raise/call/fold. Also a faster mouse speed.
But most importantly is a solid understanding of decision making and bet/raise sizes in common spots. Including presetting your preflop and post-flop bet sizes.
If you are comfortable on 2 tables, play 2. Once you're comfortable with 2: play 3, and so forth.

I only begin the day with 1 table anyway, until I'm more in the swing of things.

As you already see, playing more tables is not always more profitable. Focus on profit and not so much on volume.
Also don't forget to take a break and review any tricky spots you had. Then see what you could of done better, so you can make a better/faster decision next time.
That's what I think anyway ^^

Thanks for the advice mate, i would like to implement same and make profits

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everybody,

I feel the same. I play best at one or two tables, but at the same time the pace of building up your bankroll is slow. Do you have any advice for better playing multiple tables at once?

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel the same. I play best at one or two tables, but at the same time the pace of building up your bankroll is slow. Do you have any advice for better playing multiple tables at once?

I think it will come with time. Once you have played 2 tables and feel comfortable, making fast and correct decisions (almost) every time then you can try 3 tables. But I think it's important to play what you feel comfortable with.

Don't worry if it seems slow. If you play NL2 for example, and make 20cents in an hour. Don't think of it like 20cents, think of it as a 10% profit.

Remember, if you lose money playing too many tables you will never increase your bankroll.
Building a bankroll takes time, that's why it's called a grind :p

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everybody,

Playing at the same table is difficult. If you use 2 or more, the probability of losing increases. First you need to learn how to play at one table, then you can train at two or more.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think one key components of multitabling is autopiloting some actions like:
-Pre flop open raise ranges
-Understand the range advantage base on your position
-Know your table image / know(label) your opponents

Also a HUD would be very handy in such a case.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play too many tables, you lose sight of too much information and tells from your opponents, which can cost you profits in important draws. Play as many tables as you can to allow time for analysis.:)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Previously, I could only play at one table, but now, with experience, I play 2-3 tables at a time without losing concentration. I think this is solely a matter of your experience and practice.
Good luck.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should plat at as many tables as you feel comfortable and able to play well. I personally do not like to multitable and usually play at just one table. I can cope with 2 if needed (overlapping MTTs for example) but 3 definitely is detrimental to my game.

D

dagscags

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom cud be a option if where u play has it

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have a hard time concentrating on more than two tables at the same time.
Maybe with more practice I can, but I don't like it.
But as I am a recreational player, two tables is sufficient.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1-2 tables is not enough. At least 5-6 tables.

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my advice is do what is right for you. Start with 1 or 2. Feel free to go to 3-4 if you can handle it. Don't force it or feel you need to play 12 tables at once.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you first need to learn how to play plus poker on one table are you sure that at a distance on one table you beat the limit and play plus? You should have a strategy game plan if you will succeed and you will play plus on one table you can safely start the second table the third and so on in this case you need experience practice it all depends on what you play the limit you can try to reduce the limit played so as not to lose a lot of money and learn to play at two or more tables gradually increase the limit depending on your bankroll

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, the healthiest advice would be to tell you to focus only on one table, when you master it well you go to two tables, if you manage to master it you add one more and so on.

polar1ze

polar1ze

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early 2000's I got up to 16 tables doing two 2 hour sessions per day. It was more profitable but I burnt out after a couple years. Stopped playing. I'm actually just getting back to the game now this week. I don't think I could ever play just one table, but I really don't see myself playing over 4 tables anymore...too old!

Do whatever makes you the most profit (if that's your goal) or do whatever provides you the most fun (if that's your goal)

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everybody,

Good day!
Play the number of tables for which you have enough concentration, experience will come with time. Good luck at the tables!

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can recommend using 2 tables on cash game to be more concentrating.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everybody,

Hey spunk,

This is a skill that should be built up slowly. There is no need to rush to multitabling

Here's a video that has some key points on how to know when you're playing too many tables