Moving from 3-handed to 2-handed play

R

Rubifacient

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Argh. The board ate my first attempt at this post for having too many pictures. Let's try again:

This happens fairly regularly at the home games I play and we're never sure what the 'official' way to handle the situation is.

There are three players remaining: A, B, and C. Player A is on the button, B is in the small blind (SB) and C is in the big blind (BB).

During the course of the hand, player A busts out, leaving us two-handed. Normally, the button moves left (clockwise) so that B would now be the button. Likewise C, who was the BB now becomes the SB. Etc.

But we can’t do that because player A, who would be the new BB, is now gone. It seems like what we want is for C to be the new SB – and the button. Then B – who was the SB – becomes the new BB.

It just seems weird because, effectively, the button skips B entirely, moving from A to C. Is this correct? Or are we missing something?

I tried to include an image to clarify the question, but the board won't permit it.

Thanks.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, I would go with an idea that there is no button anymore. Just SB and BB. Player B is now BB, and player C is now SB :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands