Originally Posted by Pascal-lf
I know plenty of MTT players ranging from averagely to very profitable. There are plenty of regs on every site making good money from MTTs. IMO MTTs are more profitable than cash, mid/high stakes regs play a bunch of tables and as you move up and there's less table choice tables become more and more reg filled. While there are some tournies which are reg filled its easy enough to game select with the choice out there.
What rake insanity are we talking about? Are you sure your not referring to micro/low stakes cash games? MTTs have like 10% rake, that's hardly ridic high. Structures tend to be good, very good if you game select, shit if you play live but lol at the idea of playing live MTTs for a living. Very very few people do it and most who do only start once they've had a big score I imagine.
Disadvantageous staking agreement/make up is really vague, not all staking agreements are bad. Most are if you play for a living but only up to/after a certain stage, they can still be very useful and if you agree to a bad staking deal you're an idiot. There's staking in cash games too with makeup so you know
Volatility is the main problem with MTTs but thats easily countered by just playing serious volume which you should be doing if you play cash.
There's a VERY select portion of the cash community who play ridic high stakes cash and basically just bum hunt fish either in funny games like Razz or heads up, but play lower than that and tables are just reggy and shit and boring. MTTs are ****ing awesome
try www.razzledazzle.com (http://www.razzledazzle.com) for your online razz needs
1) LOL at totally ignoring live play...especially with regards to this discussion. If you look at the stakes people are playing live versus online on here, its clear a lot of the money being made by pros/REgs in the poker world is live. I know ive played only midstakes live and made in the 5 figures...
2) LOL at thinking MTTs are more cash lucrrative than cash; no one believes that with any knowledge of the poker economy; that is sort of a "the world is flat" statement. There is definitely more money for mediocre players in MTTs than in cash...especially those who choose to only play NLH, but....that doesnt mean there isnt more cash for the elite players in cash. Arent we talking MOST successful anyway?
3) The rake is horrible at the micros, but not bad at all at low/low mid stakes for the 99.9% of successful players who have rakeback/bonuses and or Supernova/Stars VIP deals....in fact its great for them.
4) Lol at you talking about the cash games being boring...the discussion is about cash...not enjoyability. We get it, you cannot beat online cash, and its no fun playing a lot of taggy regs. I actually agree and Id get killed at even 100NL over time probably...so what. That doesn't mean people arent making a great hourly nitting it up, table selecting and with great rakeback deal plus volume.
Money is money....
5) Lol at your disparaging remarks about mixed games....those "funny" games are often the most lucrative on the internet hand for hand, and it isnt bum hunting to play them, IT IS SMART GAMBLING.
At some point a lot of the poker public forgot/never learned that poker is about making money, and to make money YOU WANT to play worse players are the highest stakes possible.
Obviously those games offer that opportunity in a lot of cases.....
THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF GAMBLING FOR MONEY!!!