Most popular poker player names. Which?

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I'm talking about real names, not nicknames. I caught myself recently on a contented funny thought that I met a lot of players named Alexander. I don’t want you to think that I pay attention to this just because my name is the same. But hell, this name is the most popular name among pokerstars players which play with me in tournaments.

Has anyone thought about this? Perhaps there are statistics somewhere? I am aware that this will not improve anything for my game, I am just interested to know this. More and more often I think about collecting statistics from various characteristics of poker players. And of course, it would be especially interesting to know what common features and properties are characteristic of those players who often win :D

What do you think about this? Share your opinion, it will be really interesting for me to read the comments in this thread :hello:

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Real names in Poker, are you talking about mainly playing live poker tournaments?

In my experience when playing Online you seldom if ever find out someones real name but it is an interesting idea.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Real names in Poker, are you talking about mainly playing live poker tournaments?

In my experience when playing Online you seldom if ever find out someones real name but it is an interesting idea.

Well, I think that a person who calls himself forever somehow like alex4834835 is hardly called Robert)))

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a side thing... It helps when people put their birthday on their nickname. You get an idea of their play if you haven't met them before.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the names of the most popular players are difficult to find, mostly they are not their real names, but rather nicknames where they feel identified, that is not important in the world of poker, but as you say it is just information only, more than a poker studio.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a side thing... It helps when people put their birthday on their nickname. You get an idea of their play if you haven't met them before.

Fun! But what is the use of information that a person is 20/25/30/35 year old or more?)

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In My country the name Bruno is the most commom, a lot of people called like this. In consequence, in poker have too much Brunos, always when Im playing on a table I find some Bruno, when dont Have that I stay surprised.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sara Chafak
Because she is a miss finland. That´s why she is so popular.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to focus only on those things that have a direct impact on my game and my results. The names of my opponents do not matter to me at all.

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most popular poker players names (if we take into it all poker players, no matter of reg or amateur) would be probably just the most popular in countries which play the most, like Russian or Brazilian :D

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
best of youth

tom dwan -----
jason mercier-----
victor bloom----
who agrees the best young players out there

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most popular poker players names (if we take into it all poker players, no matter of reg or amateur) would be probably just the most popular in countries which play the most, like Russian or Brazilian :D

Hmm, it's so! Indeed, in Russia, the most popular names are Alexander, Sergey, Dmitry, Ivan, Alexey and Vladimir.