Most Hated Poker Pros

K

KLock7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got the idea from the "Favorite Pros thread". I figured that there might as well be a thread devoted to the A-Holes of poker too.

1. Hevad Khan - Anyone who saw the 2007 Main Event knows that this guy is a complete ass! There's a certain way to be around the poker table and this guy has no idea what that is. It's one thing to be excited, it's another to just be idiotic. I wonder if he does that in front of his computer while playing .01-.02 Omaha!

2. Sean Sheikhan - The main reason I don't like this guy is because of something he did during the Heads-Up Championship(Can't recall the exact year, '05 I believe). In a match with Doyle Brunson, Sheikhan got lucky in a big hand and taunted Doyle. Now, it's not so much a respect for your elders type of thing, but what the hell has he done to be so great anyways?

3. Tony G - One word...Asshole.

4. Sam Grizzle - The only man that Phil Hellmuth has got into an actual fist fight with(hard to believe, but true). Watching the two of them at the 2003 wsop was classic, but I like Phil much more.

5. JJ Liu - It's not a sexist thing, but sometimes I wonder if she really understands the game as much as people give her credit for. I watched her in a WPT event last year and some of the moves she would make didn't make sense at all.

Dishonorable Mention:

Mike "The Mouth" Matasow - Anyone who can win $1,000,000(2005 Main Event) and lose it within 3 days(according to him in an interview in 2006) is just a loser. In that same interview, in his own words, he said this:

"I wouldn't pay my bills until they threatened to shut off my power."

Now that's pretty sick in my book.

Let me know what you guys think and who your's are.

Sunbird

Sunbird

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't hate Hevad Khan, I'm more bemused by him. He's obviously not very familiar with public courtesy and decorum. I did watch the 2007 Main Event and noticed that although he would get excited, and whom wouldn't being there, he did tone it down once he got close to the main table and really toned it down heavily while on the main table. He might push everyones irritation button but he does know how to play and as he spends more time playing publicly he will probably do better. Though he does need to lay off the Red Bull LOL.

Sean Sheikhan: OMG he's just nasty. No decency, no respect, nothing. He's a bottom feeder plain and simple.

Tony G: I think you said it just fine.

I don't hate Mike Matasow either I just think that man need therapy and a financial manager cause he certainly never learned any management skills. Does his family not pay attention?

Other than these I see people that make me scratch my head at their antics and behaviour but nothing major. I just blink and move on.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I atually really like watching Matusow play. He's entertaining if nothing else.

I guess if I had to choose my least favorite poker pro it would Phil Helmuth. I have a GREAT amount of respect for his poker success and his genius, but his whining soooo annoys me. He seems to think that everyone should fold to him out of respect when he enters a pot. There's just something about his moaning that doesn't make me laugh the way Matusow's does.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony G hands down the one single guy that I hate to watch.

Mike "The Mouth" Entertaining, his problems away from the table don't detract from the entertainment value for me.

Phil Helmuth, great player, just ask him....LOL
I think tho that his whining is strategy for him.....most of the hands these guys play they only want to go up against one person, so if he can make Joe amatuer fold with ace rag then he thinks he's done himself well in that regard.

Khan? ASSUMING you see him near a final table again, he'll learn....I have to believe that once he saw himself on television he noticed what a fool he looked like.

T

thasauce7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol give Hevad Khan a break. He has played video games all his life. I don't think he is really in touch with reality and therefore all the little polite manners most people understand.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tony G., although i think he would have to improve to qualify as an ahole.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- Hevad Khan reminds me of a kid who's had too much sugar and plays video games too much. I don't hate him, but I do feel sorry for him.

- I love Mike Matusow and Tony G. Poker would be boring without them.

- Sean Sheiky is quite a jerk. Not entertaining. Just a sore loser and, as mentioned, a poor winner. Very sour, but he doesn't deserve to be deported.

- Humberto Brenes is irritating. His act is getting tired.

- At first in 2006, I didn't like Jamie Gold. But after seeing him handle himself with class on "High Stakes Poker", I've become a fan.

- Just the opposite with Devilfish. I was a fan at first. But after his fit during this year's WSOP Omaha event, I realize how snotty he is.

- Phil Hellmuth tries so hard to get respect for his playing accomplishments, but his fellow pros know just what buttons to push to get him to tilt. He also HATES donkey amateur suckouts. Otherwise, I think he is great to watch.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL, JJLiu is one of the best women players in the game. Perhaps you should look at her tournament success/resume before making a judgment.

And Sam Grizzle according to several top pros (in interviews or articles they've written) is actually one of the funniest players to have at your table. The other characters are colorful, but try not to hate them -- although if I had to choose one, it would be The Sheik.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow - really not much love for Tony G on here! I wouldn't go as far as saying that I hated him. Irritating sometimes, but that's what he's shooting for I think.

larkem

larkem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AHAHAHAHAHA I find it really rich that they are trying to deport Sean all these years later lol He is just ridiculous shows no despect, has no manners nothing! So full of himself hes not even a great poker player! Just cause your friends with Matusow doesnt make you good! Anyway yea I guess i dont really like Sean lol Even after all of this still doesnt deserve to be deported!

Larkem

MarkMorf

MarkMorf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Negraneau, only because I'd never have a chance.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got the idea from the "Favorite Pros thread". I figured that there might as well be a thread devoted to the A-Holes of poker too.

1. Hevad Khan - Anyone who saw the 2007 Main Event knows that this guy is a complete ass! There's a certain way to be around the poker table and this guy has no idea what that is. It's one thing to be excited, it's another to just be idiotic. I wonder if he does that in front of his computer while playing .01-.02 Omaha!
I think it's quite generous to class Hevad as a "pro". He's a video game junkie who hit some luck and made the ft. Now, he's got PS "team" status, including, I suppose, sponsorship

2. Sean Sheikhan - The main reason I don't like this guy is because of something he did during the Heads-Up Championship(Can't recall the exact year, '05 I believe). In a match with Doyle Brunson, Sheikhan got lucky in a big hand and taunted Doyle. Now, it's not so much a respect for your elders type of thing, but what the hell has he done to be so great anyways?
A much bigger asshole than Tony G,IMO. I believe away from the tables Tony G is a decent human being. Sean is just a punk mother.....period.

3. Tony G - One word...Asshole.
See above. Tony's a#$holeness:eek: is a carefully orchestrated strategy.

4. Sam Grizzle - The only man that Phil Hellmuth has got into an actual fist fight with(hard to believe, but true). Watching the two of them at the 2003 WSOP was classic, but I like Phil much more.
Actually, I find him entertaining, sort of....

5. JJ Liu - It's not a sexist thing, but sometimes I wonder if she really understands the game as much as people give her credit for. I watched her in a WPT event last year and some of the moves she would make didn't make sense at all.
JJ is deserving of the credit, IMO. A shrewd player with a proven track record. Just one question: Who dresses her?

Dishonorable Mention:

Mike "The Mouth" Matasow - Anyone who can win $1,000,000(2005 Main Event) and lose it within 3 days(according to him in an interview in 2006) is just a loser. In that same interview, in his own words, he said this:

"I wouldn't pay my bills until they threatened to shut off my power."
Mike has THE classic gambling problem, but a resourceful and entertaining(IMO) PLAYER.

Now that's pretty sick in my book.
Sick, but understandable in the circumstances. Mike is a classic example of the "brokeologist". His br flows downhill, with Mike as the mountaintop.

Let me know what you guys think and who your's are.

To me, Devilfish is the one player I despise the most. An arrogant prig with a decidedly mean streak.

Humberto Brenes I find the most "annoying" player to watch, much mose so even than Khan. It's time to mothball the "chark" and get some new material.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dislike:

Hellmuth, no doubt great player whines to damn much
Sheik, no respect,punky action kinda guy
Devilfish, just an a hole
Tony G- this dude drives me crazy

Sam grizz is the man:D , isn't he the one that popped hellmouth? great man:D

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cant help but notice that all my favourite players are hated by most other people. I love hellmuth, mattusow, khan and the devilfish. I DO HATE TONY G THOUGH

I can sorta vouch for the devilfish - he comes from a city less than 1 hr away from me from a very deprieved area and the language is simply part of the every day Yorkshire dialect - seriously we hardly even notice it because thats just the way it is. I know its not an excuse but its hard to change who you are.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree on Devilfish - I don't think he complains about his bad beats an more than someone like Hellmuth does. The language he uses when he does is just a little more... erm... colourful, I guess. I can kinda see the humour to a lot of it - but then I'm Australian, and I've worked with a lot of expat English people (our technical manager at work now is a Yorkshireman) so maybe I'm used to it.

B

bUlgaria

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im surpised you all hate Tony G. He is one of the most entertaining players and he uses his talking/abusing to his advantage. That Humburto guy now thats anoyyiing i dunno if he thinks his funny or something.

S

Seneku

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really enjoy watching Matusow and Tony G. The Devilfish, Sheik on the other hand are terrible imo. Specially the devilfish is so terribly annoying with all his jokes that only he thinks are funny, all the winks and all the whining.

horghe

horghe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Least favourite, humberto...i cant stand his crap, hellmuth, i can stand his whining, you get used to it, plus its a part of his character now, ir eckon he'd be a great mate off the poker table, matusow, i love him, but he should stick to live play, i just dont get it why he goes online, he should try play money, sheiky, not the biggest fan, but he is growing on me, i thought he had a couple of good lines against hellmuth on "pad", havent seen too much of tony g and devilfish, but i hear tony is a really nice and humble man off the table, but we all gotta remember, most these guys have to act a certain way out there, thats what they famous for, and gotta keep the entertainment rolling...

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brenes, hands down.

I actually like Hellmuth, and the Mouth, Tony G., Sheik, etc., don't really bother me at all.

NetterMann

NetterMann

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like Tony G and Sheikhan.

mar33

mar33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tony G. is not one of my favorite either...

IamBP

IamBP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My least favorite would be Jamie Gold if he is even considered a pro. I cannot even bring myself to watch an main even footage with him in it.

Dotde

Dotde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Humberto Brenes. He's immature and annoying. I would donk off every one of my chips if I was at a table with him simply because I wouldn't want to deal with his crap.

2) Hevad Khan. Same reason as above. He needs to get a life. Just another amateur who got lucky.

3) Phil Hellmouth. Great player, yes, but refuses to admit that someone might be better (or at least equal) to him. I compare him a lot to the Yankees. They have a great track record, but aren't ALWAYS the best.

4) Scotty Nguyen. Excellent player, but very full of himself. He says "baby" way too much.

5) Joe Haschem. Another good player who has an ego too big for his own good.