The Most Annoying Things About Poker

T

TheSoleMan84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your pet hates with poker. What really grinds your gears.

For me it's when during a tournament someone goes all-in on the first hand.

And what is worse is when they go all in with a crap hand and then win.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People who complain about other players playing bad.

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone complain about how you play or think they are better when all you do its stay quiet and play

Ledenev_Russ

Ledenev_Russ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your pet hates with poker. What really grinds your gears.

For me it's when during a tournament someone goes all-in on the first hand.

And what is worse is when they go all in with a crap hand and then win.
That's why I always say POKER is GAME of LUCK!!!

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's why I always say POKER is GAME of LUCK!!!

Think.. If poker is just lucky as you claim how do we have players who have won big tournaments several times consecutively?? Why tournaments do not win players who are lucky and play bad poker? Of course he will never win! Luck is important bro, but SKILL is in the first place..

B

BukuDuckets

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing I hate most about poker is when I have a gut instinct about a a hand like 78 or even 79 suited and people are betting all in and I fold and then the flop comes j 8 10 (all of my suit). What makes this worse is when the next hand comes or a few hands after it come and I get aces and push and someone calls with a hand like 52 suited and the flop comes 5 5 2 2 5. i hate that.

stefan94

stefan94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its when at the beggining of a tournament , all the players are going all-in ...

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play tournaments I often find tilt, when I play cash games I find profit and joy 😉

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the thing most i hate is when my stronger starting hands got beaten by weaker starting hands for example. AK beaten by AQ or lower starting hands. this make me being tilt.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Most annoying is when someone goes all in pre-flop and they river a strait or flush using only 1 card from there hand. Should be when your all-in pre-flop you have to use both your hole cards.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you got AA on your highest affordable stack of cash game table

and you have 4bet committed...most of your chips...PREFLOP... and facing 5bet all in ...

damn... disconnected.....

A

alexandro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting bad beats. I mean bad when you loosing lots of money. To calls that don't deserve to get rewarded.

G

Gnikace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the most annoying thing is when you slow play someone, everything is going fine and your trap is set, you bet on the turn and the idiot calls with very negative ev, you think it's even better that he called against your monster hand, and he gets that only river that could beat you. Something like: Hero JJ ... Villain K3... Flop J88... Turn K... River K

dominiq

dominiq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When after hundred totally useless hands you've got AA sitting on BB and everyone folds. :D

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting beat on the river at the final table when I am all in and have the lower chip stack or am left with only a few BBs. Translates to losing dollars and that's what erks me. Other than that it's juvenile behavior by people at the online tables. I understand some people do it to get others off their game but I have to put up with enough juvenile behavior at work I'd rather not put up with it in my leisure.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I hate when I lose with a very high-handed hand while doing trash. Well, of course in one two outs on the river!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most annoying is when someone goes all in pre-flop and they river a strait or flush using only 1 card from there hand. Should be when your all-in pre-flop you have to use both your hole cards.
Thats not how hold 'em plays though. Its the best 5 cards using any of the players card or cards on the board.

If you want players to have to use both cards and to make the best 5, play omaha.

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest hate is when I have a premium hand and is called by rubbish... and the rubbish wins. I have been knocked out so many times like that