The More You Play -The Less You Know

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Everybody, Ive had alot more time to play lately because of this pandemic. For me the more I play, the more I realize how much there is to learn about poker. I am just curious to know what others have learned lately as a result of being able to play more? It would be great to hear from both beginners and also those who are very experienced.

For me it has been:
EV (plus or minus)
Bet sizing
equity

How about you?

Last edited:
S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have learned due to the pandemic, I have had a lot of time to study poker with YouTube videos, and in fact I went up a level and I have kept what is important

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have learned due to the pandemic, I have had a lot of time to study poker with YouTube videos, and in fact I went up a level and I have kept what is important

What have you been learning about Jorge?

Saspi

Saspi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanue says that the moment you think there is nothing else to learn about Poker, is the moment you begin to fall back as a player.

A2ub3

A2ub3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember this :
Many people fall in love with playing poker for a living because of the freedom this lifestyle seems to offer. While that is true, the freedom you actually get is not exactly what people imagine. ������

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What have you been learning about Jorge?

bet sizes, how to plan the postflop and above all learn how to fold. has saved me a good amount of money

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is influenced by the situation of the place.

Indeed the thing.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The pandemic did not affect the number of tournaments I played. You can learn and improve your game indefinitely

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend plays poker for a very long time, but other than the basic concepts did not go into a more in-depth study, he still considers himself a novice, but this does not prevent him from earning money. He says that poker is too changeable and once you learn a technique, it stops working after a short time and all the knowledge just fills your head meaninglessly, instead, he studies the game of other players and adopts something for himself. Of course it's not serious, but he makes money, maybe he's just lucky.:):):)

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker is like any activity, the most important thing is to learn with each hand, surely the more you play the more you learn.:cool:

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanue says that the moment you think there is nothing else to learn about Poker, is the moment you begin to fall back as a player.

I agree with this quotation a lot; Negreanu always seems to have good poker insight.

By the way, I've learned a lot myself too. I took the 30 day cardschat course and freeroll at the end of it (on May 31st) and I really enjoyed the experience; the 30 day course has really good content that everyone can benefit from hearing: especially beginner to intermediate players. Even on the days (each "day" is a different topic) I thought I was more knowledgeable in, I still usually learned something small or looked at something in a different light.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As experienced as any player is, there is always something new to learn, or even another point of view on a certain subject already learned. Here at CC I managed to learn a lot in the last few months.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I just heard that he was using some words you wouldn't use around your mother when he said it sure felt that the game was rigged in his most recent encounter with dropping $74k to Doug Polk.

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Everybody, Ive had alot more time to play lately because of this pandemic. For me the more I play, the more I realize how much there is to learn about poker.

You just perfectly described the Dunning-Kruger effect. It's an interesting topic if you're interested in phycology. Essentially, It describes a person's perceived knowledge of a topic compared to their actual knowledge of the topic. It explains why someone who knows absolutely nothing about a topic thinks they know everything there is to know and why someone who's highly experienced thinks they know so little. It boils down to the fact that the person who knows almost nothing about the topic doesn't know how much more they have to learn about the topic and that the more experienced person knows they have so much more to learn.

In your case, it seems that you're still being introduced to new concepts and learning how much more you have to learn about poker.

Good luck out there and keep your head up!
Poker can be unforgiving.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is like that phrase: "The more you know, the more you know you know nothing".
It is the game that takes a minute to learn but a lifetime to master.

Saspi

Saspi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just heard that he was using some words you wouldn't use around your mother when he said it sure felt that the game was rigged in his most recent encounter with dropping $74k to Doug Polk.

Yeah I have been watching some of his play lately, and his personality has turned me against him a little bit. But still, he gives good insights.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what happens with every science. Each answer you reach leads you to ask twice as many questions.

Random1609

Random1609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Naturally, the more often and more you play while studying various auxiliary literature, the better and better your game becomes.