Mixing it up

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the hardest part of the game. If you just play premium hands all the time people find it easy to read you. So how do you mix it up so people cant read you as easy ?

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the hardest part of the game. If you just play premium hands all the time people find it easy to read you. So how do you mix it up so people cant read you as easy ?

play nice hands like 98s or 54s, middle and low pairs, weak Aces from time to time, suited Aces

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play nice hands like 98s or 54s, middle and low pairs, weak Aces from time to time, suited Aces

I do this from time to time but when you hit 2 a good flop just need another for flush or you have an open ended run its hard to fold and this gets me knocked out of tournaments alot.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is wrong assumption that too many people try to read your hands. The way I see it - they just play along, no matter what you have, based on their own hands.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Usually, I try to play only with strong cards. But in any case, it all depends on your opponents and your position at the table. Understanding comes only with experience.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this from time to time but when you hit 2 a good flop just need another for flush or you have an open ended run its hard to fold and this gets me knocked out of tournaments alot.

don't play when you are short, so you don't have go all-in at any street and lose
I do it when I have more than 40-50bbs, after play tighter or only in position

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is less easy for your opponents to evaluate your hand. when you use the same sizing for your preflop bets and keep the same betting frequency throughout the game. it is advisable to play 1 out of 6 hands and increase your frequency of play when you have successfully improved your playing style and gained enough experience to play with less strong hands. in general I like to play wide at the start and middle of the game. I tighten my game late in the game to play premium hands when the blinds really go up.

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try to vary as much as possible, but it is difficult to vary the game a lot and not adopt a posture.
It always depends on which stage of the game we are referring to.
For each stage we must act in a different way.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you only play premium hands it will certainly be very easy to play against you as it will only open up value, so there are many range tables by position and stack range that you can use to study. Then according to the table and the villains you will be adapting, if it is a very tigth table you can open a little more a range, if it is a very aggressive table play safer and open only what you ask for or even less. But they only serve to help, do not get too attached to them, just study to keep in mind what to open from each position.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s definitely easy to just play your strategy and get locked in on playing a certain way. It’s good to mix it up, not only with the hands you play, but betting as well to keep others off your game!

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would have to play more hands like 9Ts or JTs pairs like 88 up and etc that will make you see a little more flops and be less predictable

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mixing starting hands is a good strategy, good professional players do it. But you need to understand that it can both increase our winnings and increase potential financial losses. You need to constantly have a "cool head", soberly assess the chances of hands and be able to press the fold button even if there is a good draw on the table

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I change my style of play and not just play premium cards, so I won't be able to figure out my game.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
this is important because playing poker is knowing when to open and close your ranges.
most people play cards and not poker, they fail to realize ever hand can become a winning hand, know the table you're playing at there is gonna have live cards

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that if you just play decent quality hands that you will go through extended periods that you are card dead and then everyone will think you are a really tight player. But then all of a sudden if you have patience the cards will come and the other players will think you are a loose player. So I think it is important not to force things and just play the cards you are dealt.