Mistakes due to fatigue

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone! The other day I played poker for 12 hours, when I finished I went ate and took a dip and decided to go to bed.But then, for reasons unknown to me, I decided to sit down to play again, went to pokerstars and opened tournaments (11) (22) (16.50) (33) (109)After an hour of playing, I felt that I was very tired for the whole day and began to play these tournaments so that I would fly out and go to bed faster.I made many mistakes because of fatigue and naturally lost all tournaments.The next day I really regretted that I sat down to play tireda.Fresh head in poker is the key to success.How often you overestimate your strength and how it affects your game?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done the same thing a couple of times and I really don’t know why too, I think it was because I had nothing else to do and I couldn’t sleep. But I learned that it’s a bad idea, I never achieved good results doing this. Now, the only tournaments that I play when I’m tired are freerolls or micro buy in tournaments.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
It happened to me a few times when I started with poker but it was definitely a mistake and in my opinion that looking like addicted. Now I only play when I have a lot of time because to get far in the tournament you have to play 4-8 hours, it depends on the tournament. In such cases,
I recommend that after a longer session, if you feel like playing too much, play a few quick spin & go.
Playing under time pressure will reduce your bankroll.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah... I have registered for tournaments before and five minutes later just started shoving allin because I realized I was too tired to play and wanted to go to bed but I didn't like the people at the table anyway so shoving allin every hand with over 100bb's and pissing everyone at the table off was no problem, it just made me sleep better.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In your case you were hyperbolic, after 12 hours game to go and play again those games! Fatigue is a factor, which can destroy your game when you are not carefull and you don't care about your condition. Fatigue is something naturall at a logic level, but when you pass it you have problem.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Always good to take a break when feeling tired, it’s too late to realise when the mistakes are already made

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mistake

Hello everyone! The other day I played poker for 12 hours, when I finished I went ate and took a dip and decided to go to bed.But then, for reasons unknown to me, I decided to sit down to play again, went to pokerstars and opened tournaments (11) (22) (16.50) (33) (109)After an hour of playing, I felt that I was very tired for the whole day and began to play these tournaments so that I would fly out and go to bed faster.I made many mistakes because of fatigue and naturally lost all tournaments.The next day I really regretted that I sat down to play tireda.Fresh head in poker is the key to success.How often you overestimate your strength and how it affects your game?
really in the course of a tournament when 2 or 3 hours pass we already start making some mistakes the more time the pressure increases and this is where we are making a mistake at any time ..

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never play poker if I feel tired. Playing tired, your chances of winning are greatly reduced and therefore it just makes no sense.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I try not to play when there is no desire.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's right, we make mistakes but yours, it's called vice, one when you have a good run and win an important tournament instead of retiring, you want to double that amount and the anxiety of playing again begins, thinking that you are going to win, and when you give up Mind you, it took you a long time to earn it, you just lost it faster than the hours it cost you to get it, that's why I prefer to withdraw it the moment I win, and that's how I'm happy. :D

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's right, we make mistakes but yours, it's called vice, one when you have a good run and win an important tournament instead of retiring, you want to double that amount and the anxiety of playing again begins, thinking that you are going to win, and when you give up Mind you, it took you a long time to earn it, you just lost it faster than the hours it cost you to get it, that's why I prefer to withdraw it the moment I win, and that's how I'm happy. :D

excellent advice sara, you are absolutely right, I really congratulate you, for your publication, we took a long time to build a bank days months, and in a matter of a day we unseated ourselves for trying to recover the losses, and playing many hours and also with Bad banking management, many mistakes, it has happened to me, sometimes I abuse the hours of play, and the light that does not help either.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The same thing happens often, in the end you miss a lot and don't even need to play at all:(:(:(

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Obviously, there is no point in playing tired. Most likely, such a game will simply lead to losses. It is better to go to bed, and at least thus prevent losses. :)
Good luck.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i feel that too, or lack of time. in that case i play regular poker or spin & go.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Hi.
Obviously, there is no point in playing tired. Most likely, such a game will simply lead to losses. It is better to go to bed, and at least thus prevent losses. :)
Good luck.

Playing tired is obviously best thing ever - as long as you're playing freerolls ofcourse or whatever tournament to you got ticket(s) - in either case it is never wrong to practice military strategy haha

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Absolutely, you have to be rested and in agood state of mind to play well at tournament level. Ived seeen pros in Vegas that rest at least 8 hours and to yoga or other exercizes to keep their energy up. I have read articles about players who plaly bad after the dinner break in big tourneys because they ate a heavy meal. Thus affecting their fisical and mental accuity.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have to avoid these mistakes

Good morning everyone, this happens a lot in cash games, when I start playing my emotional side is very good and when I'm playing for many hours I start making mistakes that I shouldn't, one of the main mistakes is to call 3bet with low pairs, for theory I should call with JJ +, I try to bluff more often, I make mistakes because I’m playing for a long time.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i often make the mistake to play while being tired or on tilt

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when i play many hours and fatigue hits, we eat mistakes in simple moves!

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Now this is a thread I really do appreciate...I have difficulty sleeping and tend to play far too much when I'm tired....not good at all!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Playing tired is obviously best thing ever - as long as you're playing freerolls ofcourse or whatever tournament to you got ticket(s) - in either case it is never wrong to practice military strategy haha

Hi.
I completely disagree with you.
If I play poker, then I try to be patient, play right and I will never play bingo. Although I noticed that you love bingo.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I made a gross mistake yesterday because of fatigue, being on a small hood and having a hand AA I bet the Reich villain on BB calls, on the flop for him a flush draw, he goes all-in and won the flushes with a hand 9 ♣ ️ 5 ♣ рак my rockets, if I had bet 4bet, he would have left, after that I realized that I had to go to bed. Best regards, Sergei.

Ichione

Ichione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% guilty of this.. fatigue is a bankroll killer for sure.. causes impatience, makes you tilt faster which sometimes result in you almost autopiloting where you're just clicking button w/o much thought.. gotta practice self control.. I also feel that it's more prevalent in folks w/ more excessive personality.. e.g. I could be high & @ the perfect balance but I continue to indulge knowing damn well anymore higher just means that I'm going to make sleepy then wake up feeling dehydrated as shit!

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This issue is complicated and depends on oneself, in more than 2 occasions I fell asleep in one of my best moments with a lot of stack and when I woke up I was the last of all in the tournament, it is frustrating, and very difficult to believe , and I think that I have not been the only one:(

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Used to be an issue for me but now I’ve learned how costly it can be so as soon as I’m struggling the see the screen it’s time for bed:D