Micro tells with how long someone tank?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How big of a factor do you put in how long your opp tank in what your opp hand strength is? When I watch Live at the Bike some people would put in a full show, throwing in 2 time chips while holding the nuts.

How well does oscar act translate over to online poker? Is it another one of those I am overthinking or does it have it's place in online poker?

I personally try to tank to 5 seconds if I am in the hand per move. This makes me consistent and have less tell, and it also make sure I am thinking each move rather than jamming on emotion.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i wouldnt put too much thought into it. maybe if i see repeated auto picks like check/fold, but other than that, there are numerous reasons why someone might take more time than usual.

i take as much time as i need to make a decision. sometimes they're quick, no hesitation raises on the flop. Other times, it might take me a bit to think of the best of action preflop, given the situation.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long the thinking time lasts depends on the situation. In most cases, the action is quick, but if my seat is at stake, I think more.
But it could also be that someone is slower because they are playing at multiple tables.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The best thing to look for is variation. If a player usually acts quickly but takes their time on a check or call, this could mean they want you to think something other than how they act.

I dislike slow online players, but I wish I was more of one. I need to start counting to five before I bet, call, or raise. Folding usually doesn't need much thought or study.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust a lot to my intuition here. When somebody is acting fast usually, starts doing something unusual like tanking, and if I FEEL I can read it is a tell, I will notice that. Trusting your own gut feeling is a difficult skill to master, nobody teaches that you have to just learn that by yourself.

But you have to pay attention to reverse tells when you play against good players, sometimes they are trying to bluff by making snap calls, tanking etc.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you have to first analyze the players with the most chips on your table and how he behaves and with what hands they tend to be aggressive and analyze if it's worth being aggressive with your hand.

S

Samplz22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I try to play as fast as possible in order to give less time to think. I also think that this kind of play does not give any info about strenght. Things get akward when I get myself in a tough position and I must think what to do.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so. A lot of people may have to get up or get distracted. Time tells online are not something that I rely on much at all.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I try to play as fast as possible in order to give less time to think. I also think that this kind of play does not give any info about strenght. Things get akward when I get myself in a tough position and I must think what to do.

Playing fast gives you also the possibility to play more hands, and that means more money 💰

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general the longer your opponent takes to act the weaker their range is.

mendax996

mendax996

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I spent the time needed to think about my hand, bed sizes and other things like this. But usually it's fast, i don't think if you play slowly it will affect your oponnent.

Poker Tells