Mentally Preparing For Confident Poker

D

dgzuck86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
More and more I'm realizing that when winning I'm completely confident in my game. This usually lasts for the whole day of play. The thing is I do not know how I'm in the state of mind. So I guess what I'm asking is how do you mentally prepare before a tournament for confident poker play. I've been hearing about hypnotherapy and I don't think I could get into that. Any other suggestions?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Welcome to the community.
The basic rule for me is to start the game only in a good mood.
Good luck.

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man, that is hyperfocus. if u are doing well, it's because u have a good emotional balance. try playing when u are stressed or having personal problems to notice the difference

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes my mood affects my play for sure.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Before the start of an important tournament, I always try to have a good rest. A healthy sleep, a guarantee of good mood. And of course if I have a bad mood, I will never play because it does not make sense.
Good luck.

Effe44

Effe44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play in every mood i think.

Sometimes im really f..cked up and play aggro booty builders or spin and gos.

its my kind of aggresion therapy (need no psychologistaaa hehe).

Daily routine before grinding is important for me.

Wake Up. Make Coffee. Go to barthroom. Clean the table. Drink coffee and read some news. look for mtts. start spotify. AND LETTTTTSGOOOO

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My poker training is to drink bear before tournament and eat good then i am more positive and better in game.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try to relax and focus my mind before playing a game. I also make sure to stay well hydrated before and during play. If a game goes late then I will also drink coffee to stay as focused and awake as possible. Controlling mood and confidence while playing is definitely an essential part of playing a good game.

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
More and more I'm realizing that when winning I'm completely confident in my game. This usually lasts for the whole day of play. The thing is I do not know how I'm in the state of mind. So I guess what I'm asking is how do you mentally prepare before a tournament for confident poker play. I've been hearing about hypnotherapy and I don't think I could get into that. Any other suggestions?
Get all your distractions out of the way before
you start to play, then you can give all of your
attention to the game.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a section in the book Excelling at No-Limit Hold'em that I found to be very helpful on mental preparation and it helped me out quite a bit. This book has much more to offer than just this so I'd consider it a must buy for any Hold'em player.

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just try to play some music that I like, have a clean place to play and get comfortable.

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like the way you get confident about your plays (whether or not the result was good or not) is by doing work/math away from the tables so that you can understand different situations more in depth. There's something about studying something and writing it down that helps you quickly remember it. At least this is the new theory I'm gonna be working on

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the person has to have confidence in the time to play and not be carried away by pessimism and for those who believe can use a lucky charm, I use.

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ambient

good mood, be without hunger without thirst, de-stress with attitude with a good rest, in a place of good atmosphere