frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Recently, I watched some videos about Mental calculation and Memorization Championships, I was amazed watching what we are able to do exploring the limits of our brain and that renewed an old secret wish of mine and now I ask to all of you. Is it possible to use mental skills (processing and memorizating) to make our brain working like all poker calculators, huds and other e-tools needed for poker reviews? I think thats the future of "onlive" poker. Share your opinion.

182866,475,80,0,0,475,365,0,0,0,0.png

Renata Sorrah: brazilian actress.

Last edited:
manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some people that comes naturally and you will find they are good players. For me it is something I need to work at. But as Daniel Negreanu once said, once you learn to do it, it just becomes natural. So the point is to practice practice practice. But also remember the old adage "Bullshit baffles Brains", your apponent may have you in computer brain department but a good bluff may offset that a little.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you wanna say: a good bluff without math??? Even bluffs are supported by math if you want to do them profitably. I believe that when we learn the answer for one specific question, of course we don't need calculate for an answer we know already. What some poker pro say in the internet is on the opposite way themselves do, they use all kind of softwares as much as possible and use them to calculate profitability of them moves. but even pros going in one direction, people prefer to think they have some supernatural power of mind control and they use a lot of justificatives to keep playing intuitively, but how to take a decision conciously profitably? Gambling??? Poker was created for fun and I support the presence of gambler and/or recreative players on the tables, but there's only one way to play profitably: Playing by EV+. Fact.:elefant:
a-heart-of-gold.jpg

For some people that comes naturally and you will find they are good players. For me it is something I need to work at. But as Daniel Negreanu once said, once you learn to do it, it just becomes natural. So the point is to practice practice practice. But also remember the old adage "Bullshit baffles Brains", your apponent may have you in computer brain department but a good bluff may offset that a little.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
interesting! the brain is a big computer, and we do not use it 100%, so if you find out or have any information on how to work, do not hesitate to tell me!

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am studying and practicing and I feel good knowing poker is not so uncertain game like people think.
interesting! the brain is a big computer, and we do not use it 100%, so if you find out or have any information on how to work, do not hesitate to tell me!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that poker is a very good exercise for our mind and for our intuition. As much as we play we can discover, that there were many sleeping abilities! You just need to adapt your game to you mind!

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently, I watched some videos about Mental calculation and Memorization Championships, I was amazed watching what we are able to do exploring the limits of our brain and that renewed an old secret wish of mine and now I ask to all of you. Is it possible to use mental skills (processing and memorizating) to make our brain working like all poker calculators, huds and other e-tools needed for poker reviews? I think thats the future of "onlive" poker. Renata Sorrah: brazilian actress.

Yes... it is very possible, Your mind is your slave... You can make it do any thing... Have you ever gone to bed and said to your self "Right I need to be up a 6am" and @ 5:45 or 5:50 you find your eyes open and you think damn im awake too early i'd like those extra 10-15 minutes sleep now lol

Have you wanted something (Any Thing) and decided you were going to get that for your self?

Thats your mind over matter... before anything human can happen on this earth it happens in their minds first... you have dominion... make it happen, for your self...

Last edited:
bonekeeper

bonekeeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the previous posters!
it's absolutely possible to calculate it in the mind, however i do not fall under that specific type of person who can do that. What i try to do instead is memorizing the most important % of diffrent scenarios, like how many times you flop a set, what the chanses are of hitting a flush after the flop, etc etc. i do what my own brain can manage and don't try to complicate things to much!

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never could to swallow any half explanations and comprehending poker through math made all sense for me. Like this, I ever use one method (harder, I recognize), and I dont have a reazonable answer in play rarely (excepting when tilted). I think it happens because I am learning poker by its roots. If any person ask me to teach poker, I will not to know any easy way to explaing about strategy. Making these calculation by my own head, I'll feel like an X-MEN.
xmen.jpg

I agree with the previous posters!
it's absolutely possible to calculate it in the mind, however i do not fall under that specific type of person who can do that. What i try to do instead is memorizing the most important % of diffrent scenarios, like how many times you flop a set, what the chanses are of hitting a flush after the flop, etc etc. i do what my own brain can manage and don't try to complicate things to much!