Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
men vs women

Good evening everyone.
In my opinion, I don't think so.
I have already watched several poker videos, where women playing table games with men win several important hands in a very technical way.
There is a poker hand that the Kelly player from the United States with 2h3h, makes a Straight flush, against the player AAron from the same country that has KhJh.
5h4h9c flop
turn Ah
river 2s
She played very technically and won as many chips as possible.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I think that if there are very good women in the game, but for sure, we are very macho to accept it because you have to be sure that you don't have to publish yourself in a list to be one of the best

JLit

JLit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say its dominated by men, but that doesn't mean male players are superior to female. There have been a handful of "legendary" women in poker, and this is likely much less than the mob of males just due to the higher popularity of poker with men (or so it seems).

Women may have also been kept out of poker until recently due to men keeping them out as well so it wasn't very common for women to play I guess. Probably pretty intimidating for a woman on her own to sit at a table of men who are all trying to bully each other... lol

But overall no, I've learned new poker strategy from women and men alike!

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe is just a matter of numbers. This is an activity that usually men play. But that doesnt mean that men are better than woman at poker.

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Men are definitely not better than women at poker. There are a lot of very good female players. Sure there are more good male players, but that is simply because there are more male players.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your post sounds sexist.
When the girls start reading it you might hear from a few of them.
The reason there are so few female finalists at poker is simple.
Odds, there is so few female participants compared to male that the odds are a female will not
be at the final table and will not win a largely male dominated field of players.
It's definitely NOT because men are "better".
Reverse it, put 10 men among 1000 woman and I bet those ten men do not make the final table or win.

It is a sexist post!

Great point, and great post.

excellent response !!!!

:captain::captain::captain:
+1 :top:

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that men and women have trends of behvior, but we can change them. With effort men and woman are equals in poker.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
is that why you don't say much :p
Most of my posts would prove that wrong.

:)

but that's just a myth anyway, the brain is often consulted just overruled ;)
Most of my posts would prove that right.

:D
Given women were built from Adam's rib its no surprise that men are superior to women :p

The international communists have used identity politics to split apart men and women. Its worked a treat.
Sounds like you know nothing about communism, maybe you should get your books from the non fiction section instead of the fairy tale section of the library.

:bandit:

nurjemal

nurjemal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here I am a woman
when will I get the top prize
I'll let you know
I hope to get the top prize sometime

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
No, in any sense, men stand out more because the number of men that participate in poker compared to woman.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Men are not superior to women in poker. There’s only about 4% of entrants that are women so of course it’s unlikely a women would win the main event. But women have won bracelets at the wsop. There’s a lot of top pros who are female. If there question is why are there more men in the sport there’s a lot of theories. This was a dumb post btw....

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you have to ask that question, you probably haven't played poker with any women.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Women that play poker are fewer than men poker players , but that doesn't mean they are less skilled or capable of winning , or play as good as men do , maybe better :)

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like a question you might have heard 50 years ago, women seem to me to play as well as men and in some cases better depends on individuals , of course there are many more men at tables but women can play with the best of them. just my opinion.

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, i velieve not. Men and female are eqaul

A

AAlexandru17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, i think they are more calm and calculated [emoji23][emoji23](womens).

malitoxdk16

malitoxdk16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A clear example in a live tournament 90% are men 10% are women. we realize that times are changing and that we have to admit that they, like us, are the future

P

Pepepep10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I'm supposed to give a substantial response but.....No is the answer

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not many women win bracelets, therefore males are better at the poker.
thats a false assumption cause not a lot of women play poker. more men play therefore, more bracelets.its just stastistics.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry, there will be plenty of women with bracelets soon. The fact of being a woman or a man does not influence the intellectual capacity or the mindset to withstand pressure. rather, there are few women competing for bracelets in live poker. but online there are several winning women

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Ooh Badia ! How could you make a huge statement and support it with wrong statistics too ?? Just look around before you write. Internet is full with all kind of poker material. look at how many female EPT champions are there for example, let alone the WSOP bracelets etc..

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree with this reply :) Dramatically fewer women play poker than men as of now. I think there’s a lot of potential for that to change in the future though!

Also OP, there are quite a few women with bracelets in open WSOP events and many very successful female poker pros. If you honestly believe that women are just worse players, then you’re opening yourself up to underestimating every single woman that you play against. As a woman in poker, I assure you that’s an attitude we’re adept at identifying and profiting from on the felt :)

Love it! When I play in a tournament I know the men underestimate me and I am glad!

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Men better then woman absolutely

No. Ladies. I respect your game. But don't care if your my momma. I'm gonna check raise you. good or better. Or we're all the same. Humans

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know some fine female players. I don't think they are better or worse than male players. Mental acuity and your ability to read body language are some of the top skills in this game. So naturally it will depend on the individual not the gender.

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This should not even be a matter of discussion. Since when we can or need the label people or their capacities according to their gender, race, appearence and so on? Makes no sense.