Meditation/ritual before session.

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, what do you think about meditation or some breathing exercise before play poker?
In my opinion is would be good hack because this can you set your mindset and you can better thinking during session. What is your think view on this point? have you some ritual before session?

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that everything you do related to health and mentality to have a better performance in poker is valid, almost all professional players practice or do something before the grind to perform better, you sit down to play more willingly or with your head focused only playing for sure will bring great results.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been doing meditation every night before sleeping for a year, and I feel very good, but before playing I have never tried it, why not it can only be good, I will start doing it before playing and i will tell you if it will improve my way of playing promised

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have no rituals, but I do not rule it out in the future, it can be a great help !!!

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have never been good at meditation. Probably because I have never studied it nor tried very hard. When it comes to poker, I am usually a last minute sign-up, so I am scrambling to find the Cardschat passwords.
Same goes for other activities - I jump in - no preparation - no meditation.
I should probably give it a try sometime.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it vital if possible to incorporate a pre-session routine (like a pre-match routine in any sport).

Could be meditation could be stretching. Regarding myself and the time time zone I live in...my best self is brought to the table when I have had my morning work out. Unfortunately Covid 19 has hampered this because the gym in my condominium even had to close.

Its simply about well being. I have been playing without my regular routine and yes, getting results. However, if the idea is to increase any edge you can, then I am anxious to get back into a full fitness regimen as I believe it benefits all aspects of my life including poker.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, what do you think about meditation or some breathing exercise before play poker?
In my opinion is would be good hack because this can you set your mindset and you can better thinking during session. What is your think view on this point? have you some ritual before session?

I'm so happy you started this thread Pufik :)
Yes, meditation and breathing exercises are some of the VERY BEST THINGS you can do before a session. Since I have incorporated these practices into my game my results have been so much better, it's incredible.

I think that when you combined meditation, intention setting, and visualizing before your session your odds of performing well go up at least 10x. Then the key is to keep up the breathing pattern throughout the session to stay calm and energized.

Right now my favorite teacher on the subject in Poker is Elliot Roe.
He put together a masterclass with this pre-game, post-game and so much more perfection

Right now they're doing a 70% sale for the next 2 days too
http://agamepokermasterclass.com is the full program.

I can say first hand that this type of practice is a total gamechanger.
My biggest win ever came on a day I used Elliot Roe's pre-game meditation tapes and set an intention to have #1 A top 5 Finish & #2 A 5 Figure score.

And this is what happened...

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
A good rest before the tournament is my ritual. Good mood is my mascot.
Good luck.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think that meditation is a healthy practice that helps a lot to relax the mind and body .... however I have never taken a meditation session before playing poker ... but I do take a few minutes to relax and have my mind clear and ready before playing poker ...!

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is good, what you need before playing you must do it, for others it may be physical exercise, watching videos, etc. the important thing is to do what works for you:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice topic. This is definitely a good move. It helps on almost anything in life so yes, I do recommend meditation before smashing some guys on the poker table :D

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if we talk about rituals then everyone has their own.Omens are also part of the ritual.I will never put an empty glass in front of the screen.I don't like people watching my game.I don't discuss winning.But for the ritual, you need to live by poker.There are more priority classes.

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Meditation is a huge! Game enhancing edge

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't practice but I think it's interesting and it should definitely help. In my case I watch again a video that I separated from my studies on cash game and then I start the session. I'm playing NL2 zoom, and I realize that after half an hour, fifty minutes I stop playing my A game. So, I'm doing short half-hour sessions, then I stop, do something else, and after a few minutes or several minutes, depending on the situation, I come back and play another half hour. For me it has been working, as time goes by I'll try to increase this half hour to thirty-five minutes, forty minutes, fifty minutes. I'm also playing just one table, I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm focusing on improving my game, as time goes by I also intend to play more tables. I'm focusing more on quality than on quantity, looking to evolve and then turn to volume.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just keep two fingers crossed and use them to click the mouse. THat's all you need to know about winning in online poker.

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
2methods I really recommend breathe work is great because you can put yourself in a trance every morning with it and later on a few breathes in game will help get you back to that state of mind also when you just need to calm down maybe bad tilt or a big score or just calling it a day get cold. Cold shower ice bath whatever just get cold really ****ing cold and stay cold like 5-10 minutes I just fill tub with coldest water but after I get stronger I want introduce ice. You will be pulled into your body to focus on surviving and you will not think about poker and you will come back clearheaded and stronger. Takes a while to warm up though Lol. Check out Wim Hof he’s my guru of choice hands down

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't practice but I think it's interesting and it should definitely help. In my case I watch again a video that I separated from my studies on cash game and then I start the session. I'm playing NL2 zoom, and I realize that after half an hour, fifty minutes I stop playing my A game. So, I'm doing short half-hour sessions, then I stop, do something else, and after a few minutes or several minutes, depending on the situation, I come back and play another half hour. For me it has been working, as time goes by I'll try to increase this half hour to thirty-five minutes, forty minutes, fifty minutes. I'm also playing just one table, I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm focusing on improving my game, as time goes by I also intend to play more tables. I'm focusing more on quality than on quantity, looking to evolve and then turn to volume.

Nothing ridiculous about one tabling. I know multiple tables is the way to create volume but I know I have an edge with one two table and start to lose with 4 so I play 1 or 2 tables. Better to win on one table than lose on four

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

hi hi pufik!! :ciao:
i was listen to a blog was liv boree or maybe anne duke
recommend mediate prior play, say use an App name is "calm"
i search for app, purchase & have on iphone

it wonderful - i highly recommend
i use to mediate, prior the virus fiasco, when is exams at school

brilliant poker coach evan jarvis recommend mediate before play poker
i must try this - then maybe no lose poker all the time

blond.jpg

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it works for you, go for it. Meditation should be in everyone routines I guess.. not just for some especific reason. It actually calms you down when under stress and avoid you from having your mind out of control.. So for playing poker I think is mandatory you know... Once we see ourselfs in tough situations quite often

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think you are very right, meditating before starting a long poker session can help you a lot, to be more concentrated at the tables, and to make better decisions.

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my ritual is not before, ws during the session, I have a playlist that I place whenever I play and that helps me relax

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not an expert in meditation, motivation and mood for the game, but once I was advised one simple technique. It helps in making difficult decisions, it helps in cleansing negative thoughts. And it is extremely simple! This is just 3 deep breaths full chest. I really try to use this often and it helps me. But I don’t know what I will do if I participate in major live tournaments, because this effective method gives out the emotions of the player))

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

stretching, a long walk, eating and drinking lightly, and taking a deep breath often ......