Meditation for Poker Players

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meditation for Poker : It's something that's unquestionable beneficial for me how about you ?
[FONT=Open Sans, helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am trying to get into doing it. It has helped Phil Helmuth a lot he states, if it can calm him down, it can calm anyone down.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I tried to meditate, but I can not. Constantly some thoughts appear in my head.

T

Tadek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to meditate, but I can not. Constantly some thoughts appear in my head.
Meditation is a life long pursuit. What you experience is normal but can be reduced with practice. I would recommend "Waking Up" by Sam Harris. He is a neuroscientist and his approach is secular.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I tried it once through poker and some other things and nowadays I see myself doing what I couldn't imagine in the past: I listen opera to relax. I got improve my mental status, meditation is awesome!

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meditation for Poker : It's something that's unquestionable beneficial for me how about you ?
[FONT=Open Sans, helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
I listen to classical music is uspakaivaetsya

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they're different forms of meditation. If we are talking about poker I think it can definitely be beneficial to pull away from the game and just relax. Keep your mind empty of any poker thoughts and just breathe. I think some people don't realize how stressful poker can be even if you don't play for big bucks. It is always nice to get that break and just not think about poker!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Personally, I meditate every day in the morning.
I believe that this is very useful not only for successful play, but also for achievement of goals in general.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I meditate when I have free time before work or before the game of poker, too, I meditate, it gives me something that I was calm for a while and it's good for me!

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is good to do a few hours of silence and meditation, however I believe this done in moments of prayers to connect to almighty God, or even in psychology therapies to relax the mind.
Meditation at the moment you play poker is very difficult, remembering that frustrations are part of the game.

BHowell44

BHowell44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
Personally, I meditate every day in the morning.
I believe that this is very useful not only for successful play, but also for achievement of goals in general.
How long do you meditate for usually? I hear a lot about the benefits of meditation, but I don't know where to start. It is great for poker, but also just for well being and life in general so this is something I'd like to get into

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meditation is an approach to training the mind, similar to the way that fitness is an approach to training the body.

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think meditation is good for all the things at your life and poker is well included on it.
To we play poker we have to be in a good relation with our body and specially with mental control. I realized that when I am with headache or with stress due to my job, I simply do not have the patiente needd to play a long, hard and stressfull tourney of poker.
Before a great tournanment that I am expecting to play, I realized all the actions that I will have to do and prepare my mind with meditation. A good and slow music can help us to in theese battles. Try and have fun.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fell like I meditate when I am out in the woods hunting, but I've always wanted to try and do it at home.. I just never get around to it. I think if you try it and it helps, then you should keep doing it. I don't think it can bring anything negative into your life.

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly meditation is essential to poker. I particularly do not do this activity, but I believe it is important because it helps to stay focused and stay calm in difficult situations to make the best decision.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in life, if there is no strength of mind, then the strength of the muscles will not help.
and in poker. there must be a fighting spirit for victory and composure in all matters

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now a little Power

Just some ideas...

I'm not sure if E. Tolle would affirm my commentary of his viewpoint; However, he suggests that a thought is one thing, the person is another. Simple self-observation of the mind's activity creates space. If you can watch your thoughts, then you are not your thoughts (as people typically identify with thoughts (EGO)). That makes you a watcher.

Augustine identified the will as being distinct from cognition.

A person does not NECESSARILY have to be overcome by stimuli, a jungle gym of the mind, or their surroundings.

Non-judgmental watchfulness along with the exercise of productive breathing, and combined with internal consciousness (focus), can cultivate moments of calm and clarity. This state is energizing and may enable better intention-ism and productive use of brain power! (Some people call this meditation, although I'm sure the name represents many different practices)

This is for sure helpful in the poker arena

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really do not have the patience for that, I did reiki a long time ago and then I meditated, but I do not have persistence and I end up leaving it.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try with Primed Mind - Meditación.
App for Motivation and Mindset Coach, focused in Poker.
Really good , i dont have any royalty for say it :p (try with the free version ).

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that it has it benefits, but I don't know how to meditate correctly..

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm a Christian and meditation in Christianity is not approved! so I do not meditate !!!