May 2008 goals
Time for a new monthly goals thread.
So for April, my goals were
Originally Posted by BelgoSuisse
1. Play $20+2 SNGs on full tilt for a decent ROI. Move up to $30+3 SNGs before the end of the month while adhering to strict BR management rules.
2. Increase BR to over $1000 (from $750 at the end of March)
3. Release last $100 of signup bonus from FT.
4. Get bronze ironman status on FT.
5. Participate in at least two CC buy-in event per week. Win one.
and the results were
1. Did good at the $20+2 and $22+2 with 8.5% ROI over 246 STTs, but failed miserably when attempting the $30+3 and $33+3, where I lost all the money I won at the 20 level.
2. Done, as BR is now $1040, but it's a bit of a disappointment as it did move up to $1350 during the month and has been moving down since then. Also, most of the profit actually comes from bonus and rakeback instead of actual winnings, which is not really satisfying
3. Easily done in the first 10 days of the month
4. Actually got silver ironman
5. Placed 4th twice but no victory this month.
I also played some ring games as I bought Harrington's cash game books, but i still suck at them. I also started playing some PLO and PLOHL ring games and these seem ridiculously easy to beat compared to NLHE. So, my goals for May would be
1. Build up bankroll at the $20+2 and $22+2 STTs
2. Play a few thousand hands of $25 PLO and PLOHL and show a profit
3. Finish reading Harrington's books. Play a few thousand hands of $25 NLHE and break even.
4. Maintain silver ironman status on full tilt.