Manage Bankroll

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I think the worst enemy I have right now is bankroll management. I can’t resist the temptation to put at risk most of my bankroll when I feel lucky. It is easy to say, oh just play tournaments with buy-ins less than 2% of your bankroll, but really do it for me is tough. Perhaps I am addicted to put at risk my bankroll. It will be nice to hear some advice from all of you

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm attaching a pic of my wallet after feeling lucky and playing for the big win...
EDoKhPFXoAA5uWX

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too have trouble resisting temptation and I always end up losing all my banckrolls. but with the temp I start to be more disipliner because I know it does not lead to anything want to burn the stages.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Since you clearly don't manage you bankroll you are just gambling.

Table selection, game selection and bankroll management is more basic than being technically good at poker.

A lot of very good poker players have lost all their money because they played to high.

If you have a regular job and a small bankroll that you can easily replace maybe you don't need bankroll management. It depends on how much you can afford and are willing to gamble with.

But it can be a good skill to practice from the start. Boring as you have noticed. But good for discipline training. Once a habit it can be applied at every stake.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is on pokerstars, you can set a limit of your buy-ins under "responsible gaming"
If you get mad again and want to take it away, it takes 24 hrs to affect.
Maybe that helps...

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some sites have systems that, at the request of the player, limit the cost per day. If you cannot limit yourself, you may want to take advantage of such systems.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you are serious about your poker game, then you will have to learn to control yourself and your bonkroll. This is one of the most important player skills.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is on Pokerstars, you can set a limit of your buy-ins under "responsible gaming"
If you get mad again and want to take it away, it takes 24 hrs to affect.
Maybe that helps...

Oh thanks, I will look for it

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2% buy-in of the bankroll amount - it always ends badly. Especially if you have problems with self-control. What do you want from poker? Emotion? Earnings? Be a pro? Decide, since these points are contradictory and not absolutely interconnected. Namely, if you earn money, then do not waste time playing on small buy-ins, but waste time doing real work, making money with it will be your bankroll. Make the buy-in not 2%, but 0.5% and better 0.25% and you will see that the bitterness of losing is much less, because the loss is almost not noticeable against the background of the size of your bankroll. If you want to become a pro, then before you reach your unique strategy, you should be ready to part with a huge amount of money spent on experiments. Well, if you want emotions, then do not pay attention to the bankroll and buy-in.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Build a bank before you raise the levels. This is the only advice I can give

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2% buy-in of the bankroll amount - it always ends badly. Especially if you have problems with self-control. What do you want from poker? Emotion? Earnings? Be a pro? Decide, since these points are contradictory and not absolutely interconnected. Namely, if you earn money, then do not waste time playing on small buy-ins, but waste time doing real work, making money with it will be your bankroll. Make the buy-in not 2%, but 0.5% and better 0.25% and you will see that the bitterness of losing is much less, because the loss is almost not noticeable against the background of the size of your bankroll. If you want to become a pro, then before you reach your unique strategy, you should be ready to part with a huge amount of money spent on experiments. Well, if you want emotions, then do not pay attention to the bankroll and buy-in.

Right now I set a goal to only play $0.25 spin and goes, I will try to master it before moving to something else

Loky13

Loky13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had the same problem untill i lost big one night,seems that was enaugh to make me think again before risking it all

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just need to make a clear plan and don't deviate from it. Like if you have $100 play only x, y and z till you get to $300. It's not that hard to do what you want.. nobody will force you to do anything else than your plan.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You must read more books of psichology! This is a big problem if you can not resist wagering at higher rates!
I advise the books of Jared Tendler.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just want quick wins.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to become a successful player, you must always control your expenses. Take the rule and never spend more than you can afford.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I started a retail business, I was financially illiterate and very soon lost my capital. Then I began to take money more seriously. Count every cent. In everyday life, you cannot afford unjustified expenses? The same goes for poker. Your bankroll is your investment and you cannot afford to spend more than you earn. For this, they created bankroll management. This is the same as buying a Lamborghini on credit, and a salary allows you to pay only for Renault Logan. This is just a metaphor, do not take it personally.

B

bitterkalt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that has nothing to do with bankroll management at all - it's pure play

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I think the best solution in this situation is to put a restriction on the limit. It is also necessary to limit the ability to make a deposit, this is a good way to prevent unwanted losses.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management