Is making a living from poker alone possible?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is very difficult to live only from poker, I think that for this the person has to have a good heritage, to be a very good player or to have a good sponsor.

E

emerson rufino

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree, it would be too good to live only from poker, who knows someday!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard, but anything is possible...

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maybe it is hard, but obviously it is possible.
I think that everything depends on the desires and goals of each individual. In my opinion, motivation is a decisive factor.

G

geoff4376

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely possible with enough skill and proper brm. Not nearly as easy as it was 10 - 12 years ago.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it should be difficult but if there are people who live poker who would not like:D

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the above...
you can live - with strong motivation and desire..))
:wink:

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can learn to win at poker by practicing and improving. Also remember while you're getting better they may be getting better too. In the end somebody has to win. Why not you?

K

kmax11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's hard but you can> alot of grinding and winning>

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you can live and earn on poker, but for good bets to play them you need to have a very good bankroll and spend a lot of time playing, you need to win at big bets and get good money and then you can spend it on a family!

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is nothing impossible .. But to earn only poker, you need a big bankroll and a qualitative distribution of it, and important to be an experienced player ..

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Yes of course ... it is not easy to achieve ... but it is possible ... not many players achieve it ... but I am convinced that with daily work and a lot of humility one can get to live playing poker ..!

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely possible but you have to be willing to put in the study time and of course the volume and be very disciplined in regards to things like BR management.

Minsk Pavel

Minsk Pavel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is possible. Not for everybody though(

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It is possible yes, but it has to be difficult, not everybody can do it.

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's possible but I feel like it is much worse than people realize. Very high stress and antisocial. For 99% of people, it is much better to be played as a hobby/side income as opposed to full time

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s possible just like becoming a rock star or pro athlete. A lot of work and dedication and you’d “work” much more than 40 hours a week. High level of stress and depression when you are on a downswing. Better to play for fun and small cash on the side to play with.

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure it's possible but not that likely.

Best way is to get sponsored.

M

mirrornick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't stress enough the importance of a bankroll. You need to be able to afford losing for a week or month straight and it wouldn't bother you because you know that you still have money left to play. It's very stressful when you start worrying about losing a good stack of money. Always best to have a reserve.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its possible, but in order to do it, you have to have a very specific set of circumstances going on in your life i.e. having your rent paid!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible - yes of course. There enough examples of pro players living from poker. I even have a friend of mine who is doing it so it is definitely possible but it requires devotion and constant will to improve. Also relatively small percent of the players manage to achieve it so it is not easy.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon! It is very difficult indeed more not impossible, I think I make a good tournament give to pay a good teacher poker or try to get a major sponsor as you cited serious these options for live poker and we can also mention our place of work that would be our home to have a good computer and a good internet as well those are some points that we can take consideration to live the game we love.

K

Kostik007

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good night everyone was good until tomorrow

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just look at the charts of the winning players, in most cases they are not one-time wins. In the long run, their graph is the upward line because their winnings are regular. Continuous learning poker, discipline and experience and you can live with poker.