lucky or not

Severo junior

Severo junior

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even knowing that the luck factor has very little value in tournaments, GENERAL, whoever wins a tournament had a decisive hand, where he was behind the pre-flopp and ended up winning the hand, where the logic would have been eliminated.
In the pokerstars stadium series final, Pessagno was the champion, and for that he saw his TT pair beat the opponent's AA pair, where he would be eliminated if he lost his hand. You can see, the great champions have always won a decisive hand even though their game is less than their opponent

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skill gets a player to the final table, but sometimes luck is needed to win. 80/20 Skill to luck is a good ratio. Mine happens to be 20/80 skill to bad luck with some really bad playing tossed in.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I have to agree with you In any tournament I have won , I have won a couple of coinflips and and at least a couple of suckouts. And I have lost huge tourneys, such as at the final table (last 4) for 80 % of the chips at the table, with pocket aces , all in against Q7 off , Flop the set on a AK2 board , and loose runner runner to a straight.

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is an important factor, especially in tournaments, if you are not lucky that throughout a tournament you will hardly get far. you can choose the best spocks to play a pair of aces, but you always need some luck to advance

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play tight and you need luck! Play loose and you need lots of luck!

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not luck, it is mathematics, it is that people do not understand probability, it does not mean that having a 90% chance will always win.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think when you play a tournament with a large field you will be in coin flips a lot of time. And in shove situations too. So, you need more skills to be in ITM, bur to win a tournament you need to be in a good day with the cards.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tell you, if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no uck al all.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the game is 40% luck and 60% knowledge. It's how I think.

I have seen many hands lose with AA and win them with 2 and 3.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is not a single poker player who does not win with a weak hand at crucial moments. But not every player will be able to bring victory to their advantage. You can win big money playing like a fish, or be a professional micro player making $ 1000 a month and believing that he is doing everything right and be very happy. But at this time, someone will win hundreds of thousands of dollars. Go to your goals.:)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The luck factor plays an important role in individual hands, but I still think that skill is much more important for the game as a whole and plays a decisive role in the player's carer !!!

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are so many very good players, if luck weren't important in poker then all this best players would go to final tables all the time

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it seems that luck in poker is the main thing. But then the pros would not be the same players all the time and could not be in the prizes so often. This means skill over luck.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am convinced that in the long run the player's skills will always be more important. In order to become a successful player, one luck is not enough. Skill and experience are also required.

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is like this without a doubt, without some good luck in your favor, you will hardly win in a tournament, the few times that I won in a tournament I had 2 or 3 moments that I won only for the good. luck, as you say in the example, go back and let the river save you.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that luck lasts a short time, it can happen, and many times it is not enough, the skills are proper, remember that the enemy will always steal your blind person, but will never take away your wisdom and experience, everything is relative, we all have good stages and bad stages, so that we can learn and gain experience in both victory and defeat.:deal:

K

KAMIKAZEE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
luck is needed in tournaments because sometimes even if you play a high pair well and your opponent has a small pair and this pair connects then, she will win even if you have played well

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are so many moments in every finale where, even with a very good game, it might not be your day. You see how the person almost left the tournament and bam - he's a champion. So, as long as you have your chips, you have not lost. As some people say, what separates a champion from a non-champion is the ability to win all-in.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill gets a player to the final table, but sometimes luck is needed to win. 80/20 Skill to luck is a good ratio. Mine happens to be 20/80 skill to bad luck with some really bad playing tossed in.

This is absolutely true. Everything changes when the blinds are big. Small bluffs are more effective, good players are more aggressive, and luck is king. The scariest players are the ones that consistently make it to big moments.

Djomla93

Djomla93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually math, but you can not always control bad odds. Yours is to play smart and follow paterns of opponets and try to changes yours once in awhile.

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While poker is a game of skill, you also have to be a little lucky!

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree... In tournaments luck is a huge factor. If not the ITM frequency of pros would make tourneys more viable and profitable than cash games.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The luck factor counts, but it does not replace your sensitivity about that hand, nor does it replace your reading of opponents, nor does it replace your studies.
Luck already values ​​me a lot and counting on it is essential.
Therefore, we have to mix luck with our skills.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is not math, but odds weighing and strategy! mathematics is chess)))