Luck or Skill?

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skill is the biggest factor of course and then you start to factor in variance. I think you also need to be good at controlling your emotions.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I am convinced that a player's skill is more important than his luck. Only skilled players have a chance to become successful players in the long run.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Luck is good, of course, but everyone needs to train the skill. Luck is not enough.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill should definitly be your foundations of your games
And with some luck you gain some extra succes

Luck or chance alone wont get you far

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me 60% of skill and knowledge and 40% of luck.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How is the performance of a poker player evaluated? Is skill and knowledge more important? How much does luck and variance influence? A good hand with a bad decision can make you a tournament. What do you think?
Skill and knowledge is important in poker, short-term results due to variance are neither positive nor negative, but in the long run they will be thanks to your skills.:rolleyes:

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is for me 60% skills and 40% luck therefore knowledge and skills so it is more important than luck without a doubt

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The skill is the most important. I have been watching for years that, if you are playing a lot in some consecutive days, you become more good player due to playing the game a lot. If you take a long break and then play again, in the first days you will be playing a lit bit more stiff and strange.

Also, the luck is the other important part of the game. Without this, you can not win, even if you are the best player in the world. :D . But you need more skill and taking the right decisions than having luck. To succeed in poker you must have both things - luck and skill, but the skill must be more than the luck.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
long-term skill, short-term luck, simple as that

H

Hiritachi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is an important part of poker. But in order to properly take advantage of luck, you need to have knowledge and training.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think skill and knowledge are definitely more important. For the most part, over time, we are all subject to the same luck and variance in this game of poker. It is our skill and knowledge that allows us to best navigate through the luck and variance minefield.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can have a good day of poker because of lucky, but in the long run to be a successful player you need to have poker skills.

K

Kichidk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
skill and knowledge in cash games luck in tourneys lol

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, the skill is important, but without luck in poker, it is also hard ))).
For example, in tournaments with a smooth structure, with long levels, skill is more important, with a percentage of about 85% skill and 15% luck.
In turbo tournaments, there will already be about 70% skill and 30% luck.
In General, the faster the poker the less skill and more luck.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I believe that luck in poker has a small share compared to knowledge and skills

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is only luck. Skill doesnt matter. Only if you are lucky or not matters.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is about luck and brave , you must know the rules , but 90% is about luck.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is very important for online games, skill improves with the number of games played. The main thing is to take a break in time, so that in case of a series of failures, you do not go into tilt.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, skill and bankroll management. A lot of luck hurts, especially when it turns away from you.:)

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill vs. Luck

Skill is essential vs. luck 100 per cent, there are plenty of players out there that just go all in pre flop. This is not good poker and this is just my view as to playing check, bet. I have said this many times those with a big bank roll are not worried about losing and play carelessly. If you want to make the final table or the cut off to get paid you play smart and there is no luck involved just skill. Eliminate the luck and you will move up slowly but surely. Capo1014

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill is a bigger factor which is why you see a lot of the same players contesting the later stages of tourneys that being said you need your hands to hold up down the stretch aswell so luck definitely plays a part around 70/30 I would say.

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go 50/50 here :D people are talking that skills are much more important but without luck there is a lot of downs, tilts and so on...its hard to play like that

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How is the performance of a poker player evaluated? Is skill and knowledge more important? How much does luck and variance influence? A good hand with a bad decision can make you a tournament. What do you think?

the performance of a player is evaluated with results, a good result is achieved with a serious work of good luck and skill, this set of good luck and skill occurs in the moment that comes the cards with which the skill that are : AA KK AK JJ QQ 1010 99 and etc .... when these cards come you play high and the ability to have evolved good luck becomes valid in training after training, tournament after tournament ... until the point of win.

:pcguru:

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skill will allow you to survive early in the tournament but you will need luck to get to the final table (or win the whole thing).