Love or poker?

alikekoa

alikekoa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriend is threatening to leave me if I dont start paying attention to her more because I am on line playing poker too much... N E suggestions? We have been together for almost a year now.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what you like more?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriend is threatening to leave me if I dont start paying attention to her more because I am on line playing poker too much... N E suggestions? We have been together for almost a year now.
Play after she goes to bed or while she's at work.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not enough info to determine

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Find a compromise - she would probably go for that.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This question has come up before. When a girl makes a statement like that, it's because she's feeling threatened or neglected. We don't like to feel like we're competing with something/someone.

Why not try to get her involved? Show her how to play, let her play a few cheap SNGs. My husband was the one who got me interested in online poker, and now I play more than him! :p

If she's not interested, and if you really care for her, then make time for her. Playing while she's out of the house works, or when she's sleeping, like Stick suggests. But the key is making time for her too. A girl likes to feel like she's special to the one she is commited to. It doesn't have to be diamonds, just a little time and effort on your part.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After viewing juicee's advice, I would say, quit playing so much. You don't want to get her involved in poker do you? (no offense) Having your girl sitting on her ass for 4-5 hours a day in front of a computer/tv will probably add a couple pounds. Times that per year, and by the time your married you're stuck with dumbo with hot pocket in hand.

Note: this is coming from a person who couldn't gain weight if he tried.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
After viewing juicee's advice, I would say, quit playing so much. You don't want to get her involved in poker do you? (no offense) Having your girl sitting on her ass for 4-5 hours a day in front of a computer/tv will probably add a couple pounds. Times that per year, and by the time your married you're stuck with dumbo with hot pocket in hand.

Note: this is coming from a person who couldn't gain weight if he tried.
What exactly are you trying to say?? :eek: ;)

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol. I'm sure you're quite fine looking Juicee. There are, of course, exceptions to the rules!:D Some very fine exceptions have recently joined this fine community, I might add.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lol. I'm sure you're quite fine looking Juicee. There are, of course, exceptions to the rules!:D Some very fine exceptions have recently joined this fine community, I might add.
*juiceeQ moves the cursor away from the ban button...;)

alikekoa

alikekoa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This question has come up before. When a girl makes a statement like that, it's because she's feeling threatened or neglected. We don't like to feel like we're competing with something/someone.

Why not try to get her involved? Show her how to play, let her play a few cheap SNGs. My husband was the one who got me interested in online poker, and now I play more than him! :p

If she's not interested, and if you really care for her, then make time for her. Playing while she's out of the house works, or when she's sleeping, like Stick suggests. But the key is making time for her too. A girl likes to feel like she's special to the one she is commited to. It doesn't have to be diamonds, just a little time and effort on your part.
Thanks for the advice Juiceeq u put it in whole new perspective for me I think I may try what you say.

TubaMark316

TubaMark316

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play when she is at work or with a friend or something...

Or play when shes cleaning the house for the weekend...

Don't let anything over power the love...

Love = Happiness

Big bankroll = Happiness :D

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love......if you're even considering to take poker over her than I don't think you love her ;)

Just play when she isn't around....

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker or pokeher, Is there really any choice here?:)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BRAD PAISLEY LYRICS - I'm Gonna Miss Her

But in all seriousness, it depends on which you love more. If you love her more than quit playing poker so much. If you love poker more, than it's only going to get worse. Either you care about her enough to cut down on poker or there are going to be problems. Good luck.

B

BYucko

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you love her, then cut it down.

Yet if she wants you to cut it out altogether, SHE doesn't love YOU!

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Key thing is... how many hours do you play?

This is just my personal opinion but, I am a person that hates to be "controlled" and under "limits" AKA Poker play time. I start, and stop playing whenever I damn feel.

I wouldnt want a spouse when I play 6-8 hours a day because no, you will not have time for a special someone.

So if you are playing 8 hours with a active girlfriend, obviously you need to slow the hell down and get some baby making going.

But I mean if shes one of those "people" that can't handle you having a hobby that takes 3-4 hours a day (IMO thats casual.) Then stick with poker.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look for the balance... you can always play poker (live or on-line).

Nurturing a relationship with someone that you can share the rest of your life with should always take priority.

Oh crap, a Dr. Phil moment --- "How's that working for you?"

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not a difficult one to answer, but you need to ask yourself what your priorities are.

there's always a good game of poker, but a good woman is hard to find.

just like for women, a hard man is good to find

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriend is threatening to leave me if I dont start paying attention to her more because I am on line playing poker too much...
How much do you play?

smokinbandito12

smokinbandito12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you retarded? go with the girl.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From a woman's perspective -

My boyfriend spends way more time than me playing poker, both online and live. It can sometimes be a sticky issue, but it does help that I play and so I understand his commitment more than a woman who doesn't.

I have a rule that on Thursday nights, there is no poker in the house. We can play online Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and in live games on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, but on Thursday neither of us is allowed near a poker chip (real or virtual). Thursday is our night to be together. Poker is serious business for a lot of people and it should be treated as such, but your relationship is much more important. Try to work out a compromise - and then stick to it.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It used to be a problem for me and my husband (I played too much). I finally compromised and I stop playing around 7:30-8pm each evening and spend the rest of the night with him. On Saturdays I try to spend most of the day with him cause I know on Sunday I will play a lot.

We are both much happier now - he never minded me playing, he only wanted a bit more time with me.

So now if I have a time once in a while that exceeds the above he has no problem at all with it.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We've all been in that boat at one time or another. It's all about setting and respecting boundries. When Rachel is away I can play as much poker as I want. When she is here, I limit myself to one or two tournies during the week. I check in with her first to make sure that it doesn't interfere with anything going on. And Sunday is my main poker and football day. That day she leaves me alone to play to my heart's content, if I want to.

I think another thing that works is get a laptop. Play poker next to her while she watches TV. This was a big point with us. The computer is in another room so she felt left alone. If I'm playing while she is watching one of her shows now she feels that we are spending time together.

A relationship takes a lot of nurturing. This is one of points that you have to work on to make it work.